Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:57 PM   #11
Thisisme2

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyboi View Post
12 to 6 elbows should be allowed (like in muay thai) but they should be a lot stricter about shots to the back of the head
Thats another grey area atm. Some judges take the entire back counting from the forehead and others take a slight mohawk and a little on the back. I think that every judge should account for the same criteria...which isnt the case now.
I'm for the latter, and i suppose you are for the former.....

Thisisme2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:36 PM   #12
caseyboi
Banned

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisisme2 View Post
Thats another grey area atm. Some judges take the entire back counting from the forehead and others take a slight mohawk and a little on the back. I think that every judge should account for the same criteria...which isnt the case now.
I'm for the latter, and i suppose you are for the former.....
Its not the judges, its the referee who's responsible for spotting back of the head shots. Theres a defined part of the head in the rules I can't remember exactly but the referees need to be more vigilant to spot them. Travis Browne got away with it against Gonzaga

caseyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:20 AM   #13
Thisisme2

Blue Belt

Quote:
Its not the judges, its the referee who's responsible for spotting back of the head shots. Theres a defined part of the head in the rules I can't remember exactly but the referees need to be more vigilant to spot them. Travis Browne got away with it against Gonzaga
I obviously meant refs. My mistake. But in my opinion it is defined too thightly now.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:29 AM   #14
Thisisme2

Blue Belt

Quote:
12 to 6 elbows should be allowed (like in muay thai) but they should be a lot stricter about shots to the back of the head
I agree but my thread wasnt about what we would like to see. Rather what would be likely/possible to achieve.