Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:13 AM   #51
Chuckwitdatlook
Banned

vCash: 500
No, god no! He beat Douglas Lima for christs sake and is 12-0. He needs to be in the UFC regardless of how boring his fights are.

Chuckwitdatlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:18 AM   #52
chefdiablo

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by campbecc View Post
Oh yeah I know they didn't cut him, but after a while in negotiation they did basically say "fine go the UFC we're done negotiating with you".

I'm assuming it's really about the money, that assumption will rarely steer you wrong .
Bjorn made the offer to the UFC to waive the matching rights if they would give him a title shot.

That was probably just a smart ass PR move but it showed that Bjorn was trying to do right by Ben.

When Dana declined Bjorn waived the rights anyway but he also made Ben an offer to stay. Ben said that it just wasn't right for him.

Everything else is kind of the usual stuff in the media that we normally have to piece together. I can safely say that Ben will not go back to to Bellator. He would have to almost crawl back to Bjorn now after turning down a final offer. Ben does not strike me as that type of guy. He has some pride I expect.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:24 AM   #53
campbecc

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdiablo View Post
Bjorn made the offer to the UFC to waive the matching rights if they would give him a title shot.

That was probably just a smart ass PR move but it showed that Bjorn was trying to do right by Ben.

When Dana declined Bjorn waived the rights anyway but he also made Ben an offer to stay. Ben said that it just wasn't right for him.

Everything else is kind of the usual stuff in the media that we normally have to piece together. I can safely say that Ben will not go back to to Bellator. He would have to almost crawl back to Bjorn now after turning down a final offer. Ben does not strike me as that type of guy. He has some pride I expect.
we'll have to see but I bet he ends up in either UFC or Bellator. I don't think he'll have to go crawling back he'll probably receive an offer from Bjorn as soon as it is obvious the UFC doesn't want him.

campbecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:38 AM   #54
chefdiablo

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by campbecc View Post
we'll have to see but I bet he ends up in either UFC or Bellator. I don't think he'll have to go crawling back he'll probably receive an offer from Bjorn as soon as it is obvious the UFC doesn't want him.
I have no doubt he will end up in the UFC. When is the variable. A couple of weeks? Maybe if he can sway Dana and Lorenzo into picking him up.

I think Bjorn will move on though. He might not want to bring back a dejected fighter that really doesn't want to be there as his champion. That could be more hassle than it is worth.

Bellator is already lining up the fight for the vacated belt. They seem to be moving on.

Ben has the option of the WSOF contract still as far as I know. He is doing everything he can to get the attention of the UFC and has his meeting coming up.

I hope he gets in the UFC. His fighting style is not favored by all but he knows how to 'Chael Sonnen' like a champ. He will be talked about endlessly which should have Dana more excited that he has let on.

Old 11-23-2013, 02:51 AM   #55
BGDDYKWL

Brown Belt

I sure hope not. He would beyond embarrass everyone on that show. It would make Roy's fights on the show look extremely competitive. I don't like Askren and think he gets smoked by top guys in the UFC but I love how much he's been talking lately. The sport needs more of that.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #56
KarmaPolice
Banned

vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevynnsynns View Post
Wait r u being serious or nah u r just fuckin around right ? Ben askren is a real mma fighter and champion of the second biggest org. and kimbo was a sideshow freak .
Of course I'm kidding, am I?

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote