Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #31
beginetienne

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgwilhelm View Post
Yeah, but we can also debate if that fight took place at all or if we are tricked by an illusion and the UFC doesn't even exist.

If you watch the fight w/o bias you will see that GSP won rounds 3 and 5. 3 quite clearly, Hendricks had nothing but the takedown at the end, 5 was a lot closer but not nearly as close as rd 1. Can't see how anybody could giv 3 or 5 to Johny.
lol on the illusion

I actually agree with you and I believe GSP took round 3 and 5. Just saying this is not as widely accepted on sherdog as some portray it to be.

E-

beginetienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #32
Elysianwing
Mr. Mojo Risin' Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by countswagula View Post
Combate, 2/3 commentators scored it for GSP, and the one who scored it for Hendricks said he wouldn't be surprised if GSP had won on the judges' scorecards because the fight was so close. Also Kyra Gracie wouldn't stop fawning over how good looking George was, she said he was the best looking fighter in the UFC four or five times throughout the PPV
Hahaha. Weird. Rogan and Goldie were pretty pro-Hendricks.

I agree with them(excluding Kyra) though. Had it for GSP by the slimmest possible margin, but wouldn't have been at all surprised if they gave it to Hendricks(and totally understand how/why people had it scored for him).

Elysianwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:51 AM   #33
Drytoast
Banned

Just rewatched it. And rewatched round 1 3 times.

Round 1 10-9 George, because he landed a high kick and a stomach kick flush as wel l as a few jabs. Close, considering Hendricks landed 5 unanswered elbows to the temple. But the head and stomach kick were clean, unchecked and in the center of the ring for all to see. So I could see why they helped George edge out the round.

Round 2 10-9 Hendricks. Even though Hendricks over all got out struck by clean flashy strikes again, clean jabs, another head kick. The trouble he put GSP in with 2-3 clean left hooks, and a nice uppercut. that put George in trouble early on, won him the round over all. If George didn't get wobbly, he would have won this round as well.

Round 3 10-9 Georges. Again this is really close. Hendricks really slowed down here. George out struck him with great counters on the feet. Jabs, crosses mostly. A notable leg kick early on. But because of the late round take down by Hendricks, it makes this hard to score. I think if he held Georges down for the remainder of the round, he might have won this round.

Round 4 10-9 (could have been a fucking 10-8 round) hendricks. This is the round you all remember. Hendricks gets an early trip/take down, and opens Georges up with 2-3 unchecked short elbows to the face...and then he stands up?

Hand Hendricks stayed on top of Georges, This round would have been a 10-8 round for sure. Or better yet, he would have TKO'd Georges.

Hendricks had the fight in this round, and he gave it up. I'm still baffled by this. On the feet, both seem to land some nice shots, I'd probably edge out the striking to George again, who seems to have figured out how to avoid the left and counter at the same time.

Hendricks shows he can control Georges at will along the cage.

Georges eye looks like a fucking mess at this point. Those 2-3 short elbows from the ground and pound did great damage!

Opening of round 5 and Rogan proclaims "Georges has got to be in desperation mode at this point..."

But the cards should realistically say 2-2. Unless you just wanna stare at that cut on George's face...then the fight is 10-1 Hendricks.

Round 5 10-9 Georges. Mostly because of both take downs. One witch was set up by a stomach kick and a jab. Both landed some good shots standing, I'd probably give Georges the edge there though as well.

Hendricks either had nothing left in the gas tank or coasted because...why???

I dunno why, when I watched this the first time, I thought George was clearly outclassed. Having watched this again and looking at each strike landed, and not judging the fight based off of damage done, because fights are not judged based off of black eyes or cuts.

It's judged from strikes landed, take downs, cage control, sub attempts.

If you think fights are judged based off of cuts...I think you need to read up on the rules of the sport you claim to follow.

Last edited by Drytoast; 11-18-2013 at 09:04 AM.
Drytoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:51 AM   #34
beginetienne

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis0789 View Post
well i would believe that to be the most correct assumption regardless of what everyone believes as a whole. i was rooting for hendricks but he didnt due enough to put a stamp on it in the judges eyes. also if you listen to it without rogan the fight seems a lot closer. having someone scream about how vicious those knees to the thighs are every 15 seconds kinda throws off your perception of whats really going on.

when i watched it saturday night drinking with my wife we thought it was the worst decision of the year re watched it last night and it was close fight but it could have gone either way. if hendricks really did all the "damage" everyone is spouting he did he would have finished. some guys bruise easy some guys dont the wayy your face looks has nothing to do with who won in all reality.

now those things being said war big rigg and come back better to get what you need!
I can't wait for the rematch. I did not hear most of what Rogan said as we were a bunch of friends and it got really loud. I did not know who won at the end, I felt like Hendricks might have had an small edge because of the superficial damage on GSP's face, but I was otherwise confused.

I am not that familiar with the judging criterions and the outcome did not seem obvious.

What a night !

beginetienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #35
georgwilhelm**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
Just rewatched it. And rewatched round 1 3 times.

Round 1 10-9 George, because he landed a high kick and a stomach kick flush as wel l as a few jabs. Close, considering Hendricks landed 5 unanswered elbows to the temple. But the head and stomach kick were clean, unchecked and in the center of the ring for all to see. So I could see why they helped George edge out the round.

Round 2 10-9 Hendricks. Even though Hendricks over all got out struck by clean flashy strikes again, clean jabs, another head kick. The trouble he put GSP in with 2-3 clean left hooks, and a nice uppercut. that put George in trouble early on, won him the round over all. If George didn't get wobbly, he would have won this round as well.

Round 3 10-9 Georges. Again this is really close. Hendricks really slowed down here. George out struck him with great counters on the feet. Jabs, crosses mostly. A notable leg kick early on. But because of the late round take down by Hendricks, it makes this hard to score. I think if he held Georges down for the remainder of the round, he might have won this round.

Round 4 10-9 (could have been a fucking 10-8 round) hendricks. This is the round you all remember. Hendricks gets an early trip/take down, and opens Georges up with 2-3 unchecked short elbows to the face...and then he stands up?

Hand Hendricks stayed on top of Georges, This round would have been a 10-8 round for sure. Or better yet, he would have TKO'd Georges.

Hendricks had the fight in this round, and he gave it up. I'm still baffled by this. On the feet, both seem to land some nice shots, I'd probably edge out the striking to George again, who seems to have figured out how to avoid the left and counter at the same time.

Hendricks shows he can control Georges at will along the cage.

Georges eye looks like a fucking mess at this point. Those 2-3 short elbows from the ground and pound did great damage!

Opening of round 5 and Rogan proclaims "Georges has got to be in desperation mode at this point..."

But the cards should realistically say 2-2. Unless you just wanna stare at that cut on George's face...then the fight is 10-1 Hendricks.

Round 5 10-9 Georges. Mostly because of both take downs. One witch was set up by a stomach kick and a jab. Both landed some good shots standing, I'd probably give Georges the edge there though as well.

Hendricks either had nothing left in the gas tank or coasted because...why???

I dunno why, when I watched this the first time, I thought George was clearly outclassed. Having watched this again and looking at each strike landed, and not judging the fight based off of damage done, because fights are not judged based off of black eyes or cuts.

It's judged from strikes landed, take downs, cage control, sub attempts.

If you think fights are judged based off of cuts...I think you need to read up on the rules of the sport you claim to follow.
Thank you for making sense!

So does Dana not understand scoring at all?

georgwilhelm** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #36
hto63

Brown Belt

vCash: 951
Quote:
Now that most of sherdog came to senses
not sure that statement is true. I still see people claiming GSP won.

hto63 is offline   Reply With Quote