Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:06 PM   #101
kflo

Silver Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor View Post
Maybe, shit, I don't remember. I'm not under fucking oath.

The point is that Dana purposely plants the seed that he hands out money constantly, when that's false. He occasionally hands out a bonus here and there, and the only reason he doesn't talk about it is because he doesn't want people to pressure him to do it with any regularity.

But you can bet that IF he gave Soto a bonus, and IF he's criticized for not paying Soto enough, then he'll be the first guy to brag about the bonus.

I mean, he doesn't exactly punish fighters who "leak" this information. The whole charade is pathetic. You can't make the fucking decision yourself to keep something secret, then claim the benefits of a bunch of stupid assumptions you want people to make regarding the subject of the secrecy. The party withholding information should not gain the benefit of any assumption. That's how it works in lawsuits (basically), and that's how it works in any household in the world. "No mom, I'm not going to tell you what I got for grades, but you should give me $500 because I did so well." Fuck that. The response would be, "Hey you little shit, you can show me your grades or else get grounded, ok?"

Dana won't show us the grades, so I'm going to assume there's a reason for that, and it's sure as hell not because he's on the honor roll.

If the backroom bonuses made any significant difference in overall fighter pay, Dana would be sure to talk about them a lot more.
Again, McCall got a bonus and white didn't say shit.

Dana won't show you the grades because he doesn't have to. That's why and that would be true if it was a little or a lot.

They don't owe you answers.

kflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:08 PM   #102
kflo

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddows View Post
Well, to be fair, they always imply and make suggestions that "locker room bonuses" are as big as the fighter's paychecks.
I have a hard time believing it.
And besides, all the money needs to be included for taxes purposes, and those "bonuses" are not.
That within itself is illegal (Since the money is not disclosed and fighters do not declare them). SO they keep this hush-hush and always hint this...
IMO this is just so zuffa zombies keep telling everyone else that they know for a fact fighters are millionaires, and the declared money are bogus...which is pretty much the status now.
Who the fuck says they're not included for tax purposes?

kflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:10 PM   #103
Steve08

Silver Belt

vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterparker66 View Post
man barao needs to get a new manager wasn't he only getting 16 grand to show.
76k/76k, as a matter of fact.

Chump change

2-0 in sig bets
Steve08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:11 PM   #104
skobydog

White Belt

I thought 177 was decent regardless of salaries.

skobydog is offline   Reply With Quote