Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-20-2014, 02:31 PM   #31
JiuJizzle

Blue Belt

vCash: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainez View Post
It wasn't the 5 losses in a row that made him disappear? Hadn't heard the heart thing.

EDIT: It was only 4 back to back to back to back losses. Thanks JiuJizzle ;)
No problem brotha! Still, 4 is basically a death warrant for 99% of the roster. I guess they like his ability to entertain inside and out of the cage.

JiuJizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:40 PM   #32
kpt018

Black Belt

vCash: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiuJizzle View Post
I don't think I ever laughed so hard during a smack talk vid as I did when Hardy was diddy bopping back and forth in front of the camera wearing a singlet with a heavy bag slung over his shoulder. Holy shit that had me in stitches!!!
Yeah that was a good one. I always liked his line to Condit that he was going to knock him out, put a stamp on him and send him back to the US, or something like that. Dude is entertaining for sure and so is his style.

When you see interviews with him, he actually comes off as a really humble, cool dude. The wild shit and trash talk is for the hype factor.

kpt018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:49 PM   #33
LiverpoolUFC

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Dan hardy would ko nick Diaz

LiverpoolUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #34
HuntersCreed

vCash: 20000
He's been doing spots on Beyond The Octagon a lot recently. He's not coming back. He's writing a lot.

HuntersCreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:33 PM   #35
TonyK

Green Belt

For quite some time I thought he's just another boring Tapout douche, until I saw some of his fights and then heard him talk. The dude is one of the most entertaining and clean strikers around and is one of the most well spoken and intelligent personalities in the sport. People don't recognize how good of a fighter he is because of how he looks and hypes fights.

I'm kinda glad he's not fighting anymore, he's one of my favorite fighters, but he's kinda' one dimensional and old school to compete in the current MMA landscape. Although, he was showing a very evolved all round game in the Sadollah fight.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:39 PM   #36
Andre Xiong
Professional Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiuJizzle View Post
No problem brotha! Still, 4 is basically a death warrant for 99% of the roster. I guess they like his ability to entertain inside and out of the cage.
Wasnt the biggest Hardy fan but don't forget his wins over decent opponents in Sadollah, Bang, Swick to balance out his losses. Condit and GSP are WW kingpins for years now so not exactly fair to judge Hardy by those 2 losses.

His title shot was 1 or 2 fights too early but that wasn't his call. WW was thin at the time and Hardy did well despite being uber outclassed by GSP.

-from a guy who used to hate Hardy

Old 02-20-2014, 03:41 PM   #37
Andre Xiong
Professional Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyK View Post
For quite some time I thought he's just another boring Tapout douche, until I saw some of his fights and then heard him talk. The dude is one of the most entertaining and clean strikers around and is one of the most well spoken and intelligent personalities in the sport. People don't recognize how good of a fighter he is because of how he looks and hypes fights.

I'm kinda glad he's not fighting anymore, he's one of my favorite fighters, but he's kinda' one dimensional and old school to compete in the current MMA landscape. Although, he was showing a very evolved all round game in the Sadollah fight.
^this was exactly my experience with Hardy too. I was shocked to see footage and hear him talk about his Shaolin gungfu roots and things like him visiting Bruce Lee's grave and being so humble behind the dyed mohawk, tattoo and public arrogance.