Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion > The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion Discuss The Ultimate Fighter reality show and Spike-related topics here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #21
Skydome

Brown Belt
 
Skydome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,046
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkasaurus View Post
It's always annoying when UFC makes people go up in weight to get on the show
Yes, yes it is. No surprise they lost.


And this is honestly the most stacked the mens roster has been on paper since TUF 14(BWs and FWs) A lot of the guys on the show have been top prospects for awhile, while a lot of the women are already established veterans

__________________
What, do you own space? No, NASA does.
Skydome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #22
Omaplata

Brown Belt
 
Omaplata's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Online
Posts: 3,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkasaurus View Post
It's always annoying when UFC makes people go up in weight to get on the show
I just wish they got rid of the weight cutting. It is no longer a secret, nor a significant advantage.
If you are 172 and I am 172 and we both cut to 155, why not just have us refine our diet slightly, and fight at 170 and call it a day.
You sign a fight and you weigh 162 and you know the most a dude will outweigh you is 9 pounds come fight night. You know your disadvantage and if you need to bulk up or trim down in camp. No more depleted fighters gassing on fight night, way better idea imo.

Omaplata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:54 AM   #23
Funkasaurus

Purple Belt
 
Funkasaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Main Event of WrestleMania
Posts: 2,158
vCash: 10040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaplata View Post
I just wish they got rid of the weight cutting. It is no longer a secret, nor a significant advantage.
If you are 172 and I am 172 and we both cut to 155, why not just have us refine our diet slightly, and fight at 170 and call it a day.
You sign a fight and you weigh 162 and you know the most a dude will outweigh you is 9 pounds come fight night. You know your disadvantage and if you need to bulk up or trim down in camp. No more depleted fighters gassing on fight night, way better idea imo.
You'd end up with too many people at LHW to HW

and nobody at FLY

__________________
HW: Travis Browne "Pride"
LHW: Jon "Cojones" Jones
-
WW: Johny "Jinx" Hendricks
LW: Khabib Nurmagomedov/Rustam "BamBam" Khabilov
-
-
FLW: "Muhammed" Ali Bagautinov
W: Ronda "Mai Waifu" Rousey
Funkasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #24
TSO

Brown Belt
 
TSO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kings Landing
Posts: 4,411
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkasaurus View Post
It's always annoying when UFC makes people go up in weight to get on the show
The UFC does not make anyone do this, those people wanted to be on TUF and didn't want to wait for their weight class to cycle through.

TSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #25
Maximum007
Not A Can Crusher
 
Maximum007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: London
Posts: 813
vCash: 4474
Quote:
Originally Posted by MolesyMMA View Post
I'll take Shayna vs Duke to be in the finals
Same here.

__________________
My Future MMA World Champion List

Cub Swanson
Gunnar Nelson
[s]Chris Weidman[/s]
Chad Mendes
khabib Nurmagomedov

Sara McMann
Juliana Pena
Tecia Torres
Joanne Calderwood
Alexis Davis
Maximum007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #26
Omaplata

Brown Belt
 
Omaplata's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Online
Posts: 3,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkasaurus View Post
You'd end up with too many people at LHW to HW

and nobody at FLY
You could space things apart differently as well. Obviously a CW would need to go in ~225, 125 would go away, 135 probably would too. What does MM walk around at? 140-145? Start there and work your way up. Not too tough of a problem to solve.

Omaplata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #27
Sigsaur27

Yellow Belt
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Dirty Jersey
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
I saw some where else that the final for the women is Duke/Pennington. After last season, I think it could be just about any one. No one is immune to having a bad fight and getting knocked out of the competition.

Sigsaur27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #28
Pacemaker Joe

Brown Belt
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Arnprior, Ontario
Posts: 2,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSO View Post
The UFC does not make anyone do this, those people wanted to be on TUF and didn't want to wait for their weight class to cycle through.
Or they realize that with a few fights in fairly rapid succession, weight cutting isn't as feasible.

Pacemaker Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:00 AM   #29
Funkasaurus

Purple Belt
 
Funkasaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Main Event of WrestleMania
Posts: 2,158
vCash: 10040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaplata View Post
You could space things apart differently as well. Obviously a CW would need to go in ~225, 125 would go away, 135 probably would too. What does MM walk around at? 140-145? Start there and work your way up. Not too tough of a problem to solve.
so basically
HW - w/e
CW - 225
MW - 205
WW - 185
LW - 170
FW - 145

In other words: ADD CRUSIERWEIGHT AND GET RID OF THE LIGHTER WEIGHT CLASSES!!!!!

__________________
HW: Travis Browne "Pride"
LHW: Jon "Cojones" Jones
-
WW: Johny "Jinx" Hendricks
LW: Khabib Nurmagomedov/Rustam "BamBam" Khabilov
-
-
FLW: "Muhammed" Ali Bagautinov
W: Ronda "Mai Waifu" Rousey
Funkasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Latest Threads



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 AM.

Sherdog.com Forum Rules Clear Cookies Social Groups Lost Password
Contact Us - Sherdog Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices

Skin made by Alex. © iStyles.uni.cc Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
forums.sherdog.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.
monitoring_string = "fd5733925866a04e50edd70f38dfaa35"
monitoring_string = "603ac9fff68f23709f2a42bf5e29272b"