Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:14 AM   #51
MMABr

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
I like Belfort a lot. I'm picking Weidman to win, but I hope Vitor pulls the upset.

Tbh, I like Weidman as well but it'd be awesome to see Vitor wearing MW gold at this point of his career, at his age.

Also, imagine the shitstorm that would cause here on Sherdog? Sherdog servers would brutally crash. lol.
Don't get me wrong, he's very talented and awesome to watch when he's on but 'personality wise' he has always rubbed me the wrong way... I won't lie though, his roid past + now current TRT use definitely made it worse for me! Also me being a self-admitted Wand NUTHUGGER, it's tough for me lmao

I'm supporting what it has been said by many 'if your body can't naturally produce enough T anymore for you to compete at the highest level, might as well retire and do something else'. Sounds harsh, but it's just my opinion. it's getting a bit out of hand.

with all that aside, I admire his drive for still aiming high at gold and putting the hours of hard work at it. not easy at his age and situation with his growing family and everything. if he beats Weidman, mad respect and props to the 'old lion'

MMABr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:27 AM   #52
Charlie Sheen
Invisible Belt

vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMABr View Post
Don't get me wrong, he's very talented and awesome to watch when he's on but 'personality wise' he has always rubbed me the wrong way... I won't lie though, his roid past + now current TRT use definitely made it worse for me! Also me being a self-admitted Wand NUTHUGGER, it's tough for me lmao

I'm supporting what it has been said by many 'if your body can't naturally produce enough T anymore for you to compete at the highest level, might as well retire and do something else'. Sounds harsh, but it's just my opinion. it's getting a bit out of hand.

with all that aside, I admire his drive for still aiming high at gold and putting the hours of hard work at it. not easy at his age and situation with his growing family and everything. if he beats Weidman, mad respect and props to the 'old lion'
I know what you mean.

Regarding Vitor vs. Weidman, since I like both fighters I really wouldn't have any problem with either of them winning. At the end of the day I just want to see good/competitive fights.

Regarding Vitor outside the octagon, I like him as a fighter (inside the octagon). That should sum everything up. Lol.

Respect.

Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 01-30-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:41 AM   #53
Squarechoke

Silver Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMABr View Post
Barão walks around 76-78kg

Aldo walks around 77-79kg

so, pretty much the same. I know it sounds crazy to believe, but it's true according to their coaches. Many sources out there, I posted one interview with Nova União's physical trainer who says Barão is 160lbs on fight night.

Renan loses weight easier than Aldo does though, and he has to begin his dieting down process a lot earlier in camp too.
Wow, that's even more than I expected from Barão. I knew about Aldo but I didn't remember exactly what I heard about Renan. They can fight at whatever weight they can make but I'd like to see them move up a class each.

Squarechoke is offline   Reply With Quote