Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 11-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #21
theheater

Black Belt

vCash: 3777
hendricks first 5 rounder and he did fine in the championship rounds vs the king of championship rounds

hendricks is the one who`s improving every single fight while george hasnt looked nearly as good since the surgery layoff. other than being physically better prepared i dont see gsp making any effective changes.

he`s not going to implement anything wrestling wise that will surprise hendricks. striking wise he may find ways to land jabs and leg kicks better but at this point in his career it seems like the biggest change from george fight to fight is that his strikes are slower and less powerful. if both guys figure out how to land better going in to the rematch it favors hendricks big time. he hits a lot harder and he just needs to find 1-4 openings whereas gsp needs to create openings over and over

hendricks battered gsps knees in the clinch and also threw knees and uppercuts to make george hesitate on the shot. confidence has to be on hendricks side in the rematch and thats important when youre talking about a home run hitter. imo confidence that you can land on a guy is much different than being confident you can out wrestle them etc. imo the confidence will be very big for hendricks striking

unless gsp is capable of coming in physically much better shape then i think he gets stopped in the first 3. i dont see anything technically that gsp could realistically change that would be the difference

-Cosmo Kramer 1997
theheater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #22
RakodaJay
Banned

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoutureIsMyHero View Post
Forget the 70% that Hendricks was talking about.. He threw everything he had in that fight and GSP still stayed in their and remained competitive throughout. In the rematch i expect GSP will push the pace more because Hendricks clearly slowed down in the fight even if it wasn't as bad as he has in the past.
That was clear bullshit. He gave it his all and was done in the 5th and GSP was starting to destroy the sheit out of him. GSP took all Hendricks had to offer and didn't stop coming. True champion heart.

RakodaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:33 PM   #23
mmaknight

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
St. Pierre defeats Hendricks for the 2nd time more decisively.

Old 11-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #24
TrueBias

Purple Belt

vCash: 385
I could give a shit about this rematch.

If gsp wants time off, fine. While he's away another contender will make his way up.

TrueBias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #25
Mikeydontgiva

Purple Belt

vCash: 50
The same guy that won the first fight. JH.

Steady owning this fool Alex5124 in the Sports Bar

NFL Playoff Prediction Nostradamus
Mikeydontgiva is offline   Reply With Quote