Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:05 AM   #81
mmafighterEU

White Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve08 View Post
The only toss-up round for me. Gus wasn't outstriking Jones in that round anywhere near as badly as people make it seem, but he still would have edged it if he didn't get hit with that elbow.

You could possibly even score it as a 10-10 which just goes to show how close that fight really was.
Wasn't outrstriking Jones? Son, go take a look on that round again and think about how stupid you look.

mmafighterEU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:39 AM   #82
CanIt
Banned

I still don't see how Gus was about to get finished from that 1 elbow in the 4th. Yeah it was a good elbow, but it didnt even knock him down or wobble his legs. If he was so 'rocked' then Jones should of easily of gotten the take down 20 secs later, but no he didnt. Gus was still aware and defending Jones shots. I still dont see that 30 secs winning the round for Jones...if anything it should be 10-10, but Gus was dominating the stand up for 1st 4:30 mins.

CanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:23 AM   #83
Kratoswand

Green Belt

I watched the fight twice and still thinking Gus won the 4th round.

Kratoswand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:30 PM   #84
Tearjerker

White Belt

I think Gus won the 4th, mainly because I felt like he was winning the round up until the spinning elbow and I didn't think Gus was ever close to being finished. Sure it staggered him a little bit and Jones started putting pressure on him but then when Jones went for the takedown Gus didn't have much trouble defending it imo a 'hurt' fighter or a fighter being close to finished would have been taken down by Jones pretty easily given Jones solid wrestling skills.

Tearjerker is offline   Reply With Quote