Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:02 PM   #41
That209
Gunnery Sergeant T. Highway

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terror Zone View Post
The thing that gave him success in this fight is that he was mixing it up so well, he just got tunnel vision looking for the finish after he dropped Teixeira. His footwork was on point and he wasn't just looking to throw huge right hands (well, until the end that is) and bully his way into takedowns like he used to have a tendency to do.

I mean shit, in the first 30 seconds he'd moved well off the jab, shot a takedown in an attempt to set up his hands and then pulled guard with a slick guillotine attempt. Teixeira couldn't find his rhythm because Bader had him constantly guessing.

I really think this was the best he's ever looked, I could almost compare it to Griffin/Evans. I thought that was the best performance of Griffin's career, it just so happens that it came in a fight he lost.
Yeah, Bader did look good. The way he was countering Glover, the fact Glover couldn't really even touch him, etc.

It seems to me that people forget how good Bader really is because of his losses, but that's just the way the game works, you aren't going to win every fight, Jones may be undefeated pretty much but one day, he's going to lose, too.

Every time someone I like has fought Bader, I've been really nervous because I realize how good Bader actually is. He's got more than a right hand, he countered Glover with a left hook a few times and it hurt him, then when he was trying to finish, he got reckless.

And I completely agree about Forrest, he looked outstanding against Rashad. I'm pretty sure Rashad said he was getting pissed off because Forrest was beating him up the entire time on the feet, landing superman punches n shit.. so he had to take the fight down, only way he was going to win on the feet was basically a hail mary at that point, Forrest was outclassing him the entire time.

People also forget how good Forrest was as well, they look at his losses and don't realize who he lost to, he lost to pretty much all champions and he beat many of them as well. Or maybe it's because Anderson embarrassed him so bad that people started to look down on Forrest, you know how MMA fans are.

Forrest was also one of the few fighters who could actually laugh at himself sometimes, too. He was one of the more interesting personalities in MMA in my opinion.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:15 PM   #42
MMAFanX

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwe30 View Post
hahaha Bader outstruck him (and dropped him!) and people think this guy has a chance against Jones. Not only that, but for how much power Glover supposedly has, and he couldn't knock Bader out.
Jon almost got submitted by Vitor. By your logic he has a high chance of getting submitted tonight.