Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:03 PM   #41
faustian
RESPECT THO

vCash: 163
I think pretty much everyone outside of Sweden prefers a DC title shot. Jones already clearly besmirched Gus, and I say that as someone who was rooting for Gus.

faustian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:05 PM   #42
faustian
RESPECT THO

vCash: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crytek View Post
That gif is getting old lol It's just not as impressive than it actually is. You couldn't even count how many better throws and tosses there are in the UFC compared to the Barnett gif.

DC ragdolled Hendo because Hendo could barely compete, he's just old and came in weighing less anyway. Fuck it, dozens of fighters coudl beat Hendo and make it look easy. What DC does to these small guys does not define how he'll do against Jon Jones. DC is getting fed crappy fighters and you're impressed by it. Rashad is not anyone near the wrestler that DC is.
I hope this ninja is trollin with these grammatical errors and shit

faustian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:21 PM   #43
jeff7b9

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
I do.

The Gus rematch will be great but I always prefer time to pass in between rematches to give the fighters time to develop new skills and refine their game, then the rematch shows who worked harder and made sure they were the better guy.

And the DC fight is such an intriguing matchup and of course a NEW matchup.

I like it. Hope it is a hell of a fight.

jeff7b9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:23 PM   #44
MixMartialFarts

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Just heard the news wtf..oh well I guess Cormier dosent have as big as a window as Gus. I'm a Gus fan though I have faith that he will return and fuck shit up he will treat Jones or Cormier like he treated Manuwa upon his return.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:27 PM   #45
jeff7b9

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Dammitt View Post
If DC can beat him with one knee I'll be that much more impressed.

I forgot about that... his LCL is torn 50%

that makes things interesting... we know how Jones likes to treat knees, Imagine the holy shitstorm that would occur if Jones won via that fucking kick to the knee that gets everybody super butthurt? Holy shit that would be insanity, sherdog would probably catch on fire.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:28 PM   #46
jeff7b9

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crytek View Post
That gif is getting old lol It's just not as impressive than it actually is. You couldn't even count how many better throws and tosses there are in the UFC compared to the Barnett gif.

DC ragdolled Hendo because Hendo could barely compete, he's just old and came in weighing less anyway. Fuck it, dozens of fighters coudl beat Hendo and make it look easy. What DC does to these small guys does not define how he'll do against Jon Jones. DC is getting fed crappy fighters and you're impressed by it. Rashad is not anyone near the wrestler that DC is.
Drugs are awesome.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:34 PM   #47
frederick

Brown Belt

Even if you want DC vs Jones, you shouldn't want it now. He needs time to heal before he's ready.

frederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:44 PM   #48
GSP_37

Red Belt

vCash: 608
Both DC & Gus are dangerous threats to the title, but DC is probably hungrier. We already saw what Gus had. Looking forward to seeing if Jon Jones can solve the DC puzzle and stop him effortlessly like he did to many others.

Jones can't afford to do any high risk low reward stuff.

GSP_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:49 PM   #49
One Inch Punch

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustian View Post
I think pretty much everyone outside of Sweden prefers a DC title shot. Jones already clearly besmirched Gus, and I say that as someone who was rooting for Gus.
Yeah I think this is the better fight.
Btw you need to look up what "besmirched" actually means. Because if anything, I think it was the complete opposite of besmirching(its real meaning, not sherdog version).

One Inch Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:30 AM   #50
1dober

Blue Belt

yup

1dober is offline   Reply With Quote