Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:43 PM   #121
NoBiasJustMMA

Silver Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SterIing Archer View Post
A) Jones walks around at 230-235. He even said so before the Rashad fight.

B) Chris walks around at 210 according to bloody elbow.

Thats a 20-25lb weight difference. Plus a size, strength, athleticism, and skill difference.

Thats all not to mention level of competition.

Jones Crushes Chris so quick that the fight will never even happen because anyone qualified in the sport already knows.
The picture of Jones with a pot belly was Jones at around 230, he's not in shape at 230.

210 is Chris's weight near the end of training camp before dieting and cutting water weight not his walk around weight. His walk around weight is like 215, remember the Maia fight that he took on like 10 days notice he cut nearly 30lbs for that which puts him at right around 215.

I doubt there would be much of a difference in size, strength, skill or athleticism(this is super broad term, for example Weidman has more KO power than Jones).

I very much doubt that Jones would quickly crush Weidman, he's just too good of a fighter and there isn't nearly as much of a size difference or skill difference between the two as you think. I would say you're in the minority if you think Jones would easily beat Weidman.

Weidman has 5 top 10 wins in 12 fights 4 of which I believe are top 5 wins and the other is a top 6 win, Jones has 7 top 10 wins, there really isn't much of a difference in the level of competition they have faced, though Jones has the edge in level of competition.

MW Weidman
WW Diaz, Lawler, Kampmann
LW Gomi, Pettis, Alvarez, Khabib N.
NoBiasJustMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:18 PM   #122
SterIing Archer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBiasJustMMA View Post
The picture of Jones with a pot belly was Jones at around 230, he's not in shape at 230.

210 is Chris's weight near the end of training camp before dieting and cutting water weight not his walk around weight. His walk around weight is like 215, remember the Maia fight that he took on like 10 days notice he cut nearly 30lbs for that which puts him at right around 215.

I doubt there would be much of a difference in size, strength, skill or athleticism(this is super broad term, for example Weidman has more KO power than Jones).

I very much doubt that Jones would quickly crush Weidman, he's just too good of a fighter and there isn't nearly as much of a size difference or skill difference between the two as you think. I would say you're in the minority if you think Jones would easily beat Weidman.

Weidman has 5 top 10 wins in 12 fights 4 of which I believe are top 5 wins and the other is a top 6 win, Jones has 7 top 10 wins, there really isn't much of a difference in the level of competition they have faced, though Jones has the edge in level of competition.
Then REASON, is the minority. Cause that shit is just foolish. Weidman gets tossed end of discussion.

SterIing Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:22 PM   #123
SterIing Archer
Banned

Quote:
So you can't refute my points, or break down my opinions and tell me why they are incorrect, and instead choose to attack me, that's a sign that you're not too good at debating.
Keep telling yourself that. Whatever gets you through the night. I'v rationally responded to every argument you've made, including you doubting your own bias. Your ideals about Weidman are just delusional.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:33 PM   #124
SterIing Archer
Banned

Quote:
If it's so biased then point out where, I can't stand people that criticise without backing up what they say, if you're going to say it back it up. Weidman does have better striking than Rashad, he's got better BJJ than Rashad and seems to have better wrestling than Rashad. His top control and variety of takedowns is certainly greater. Weidman's footwork is better and his combos are better.

What did I say here that isn't true?
This is the part I mainly dont agree with in this post to be fair. Also the fact that you DO have a biased view of Chris Weidman.

Rashad wrestled bigger stronger fighters than we've ever seen Chris wrestle. So there is absolutely NO basis for this argument.

And if you dont think size makes that much of a difference look at Stipe demolishing Maldonado in seconds as where a not-much-smaller, heavy-handed Texiera could not. Nor could anyone else.

Note: Im not attacking you, even though it seems like it. You seem like a smart fan, and a smart person, but there is a clear bias that blinds your ability to properly judge Chris Weidman. I know because I have the same thing about Chris Holdsworth. I personally feel like he's destined for greatness so I realize that my opinion of him is partially based on bias. Its hard to step back and notice your bias, and step outside of your fandom to analyze objectively when your very opinion is subjective. But you at least need to recognize it because, no offense, but the JBJ/Weidman talk is straight lunacy.

Last edited by SterIing Archer; 07-11-2014 at 06:47 PM.