Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Ask The Fighters

Ask The Fighters Got a question about the sport or a particular fighter? Ask them.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:22 AM   #1
CraigBoyle

White Belt

vCash: 500
Guest fighter bloggers wanted

Hey Sherdog. (mods, If this isn't right please delete it. Just want to get some exposure for people)

I work for a retail company in the North East of England. We sell pretty cool brands and stuff but I'm just happy with it because I get to write about MMA on our blog and through social media/guest blogging.

I'm an amateur fighter with a 5-0 record and I really enjoy writing about MMA. The blog we're building has a wealth of contributors, from brands to UFC fighters (Andy Ogle and Mike Wilkinson) we have people writing for us.

If you're a fighter/trainer and you like writing or want to get your brand more well known, the blog will be a great place to do it.

Send me a message if you want to have a go, we'd love to get your stories up.

Our current blog is www.fightstorepro.com/blog/

Also just so this isn't spam or irrelevant, below is a section of UFC featherweight Mike Wilkinson's own blog on the site (his words)

Camp started great training was going well weight was good and everything was looking great, but 3 weeks into training I injured my wrist pretty bad. I had no movement and basically couldn’t use it but there was no chance on earth I was pulling out so I had a cortisone injection to numb the pain which took a week to kick in. However there was still a little pain and by this time my coach Darren Morris had taken me over to his other fighting team in Spain (SAAD.) At that gym there are some great fighters and one of those is Jose Antonio Aragon Cruz who has the same style as Jimmy Hettes so that was one of the reasons for going, training in Spain was great and I improved so much.
Back in England we cracked on with training and brought Jose over with us as his style was making me more prepared for Jimmy.
Due to my wrist I couldn’t do upper body strength and conditioning so I was training a lot on my legs which, looking back, was doing too much. Then again, as other fighters will agree, when you’re coming up to a fight you don’t wanna leave no stones unturned.
I was asked to be on the UFC’s ‘Beyond the Octagon’. I was made up so much to even be asked and to represent the UFC for the Manchester event. On the day I was on Beyond the Octagon my grandmother passed away which was very hard for me but I stayed focused and continued with my training schedule and the job ahead.
Just over a week till fight time and training had been going well, I had only a few hard sessions left. During sparring I got thrown but somehow my leg got stuck, so my body was moving from the throw but my leg was static. This stretched my hamstring very painfully and at that point is when the injury occurred, which I can only put it down to all them leg strength sessions which had made my hamstrings tight, due to the injury my coach and I knew that I couldn’t get better within the week so he pulled me out.

Send me a message if you're interested

CraigBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote