Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-27-2014, 06:09 PM   #61
Just a username

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeliankoFan1 View Post
He also lost to Griffen and lost to griffens grappling. I dont know if I would favor him over Glover who can grapple exceptionally well. Glover can beat Rampage, Lyoto and Shogun via grappling and is exceptional at it.

Also the Chuck he KOed was KOed by Rashad first and than KOed by Franklin after. Chuck was pretty much on his death bed but it was a good win.
It's like you missed everyone thing i wrote and then decided to reply. I was talking specifially about the Shogun who fought Chuck and Machida in 09. Not the one who gassed out against Coleman after the long layoff he had since blowing out his knee vs Forrest.

I know that Chuck was on his way down when he faced Shogun, but regardless of his quality as an opponent at the time, check out their fight and look at Shogun's speed, movement and fluidity. In his fight vs Lyoto he was able to match him in speed.

Old 07-27-2014, 06:09 PM   #62
CannotWin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackonflame View Post
Gus and DC are legit.

AJ might be.

That's about it.
Yep.

23 x DragonClaw MMA Champion (Still undefeated) [by choice]
16 x LBC Underground MMA Barekknuckle Champion Extreme
CannotWin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:13 PM   #63
King of Fists

Brown Belt

vCash: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeliankoFan1 View Post
Who was Gus's last impressive win ? Who was DC's last impressive win at LHW ?

I actually wanted Rashad to face Gus a few years back and thought they were sheltering Gus from Rashad.

Rashad has a win over TRT Hendo and a win over Daivs(a fighter that beat Gustafsson).

Gus has wins over Shogun and that is the extent of any of his top division wins.
DC only has a win over Hendo and cummins and that is all along with other HW fighters that dont come close to Rashads list of LHW wins.

Rashad currently has more impressive top 10 wins than Gustafsson who has not really beaten anyone of note outside of Shogun. Rashad also has currently more impressive top 10 wins than DC.

Rashad should resume wise be actually ranked at #2 and not Gus, his resume has no one of note currently.
Like two fights ago Evans lost to an old man who just got murdered last night by AJ. No way he is #2

If you're considering old fights for rankings may as well put Shogun in the mix. Besides Evans never fought TRT Hendo. They had a televised light sparring session which he "won" but he more recently lost a light sparring session to lol nig of all people

Old 07-27-2014, 06:16 PM   #64
EmeliankoFan1

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a username View Post
It's like you missed everyone thing i wrote and then decided to reply. I was talking specifially about the Shogun who fought Chuck and Machida in 09. Not the one who gassed out against Coleman after the long layoff he had since blowing out his knee vs Forrest.

I know that Chuck was on his way down when he faced Shogun, but regardless of his quality as an opponent at the time, check out their fight and look at Shogun's speed, movement and fluidity. In his fight vs Lyoto he was able to match him in speed.
I saw the chuck fight and Shogun looked good in that fight, which I agree and moved very well in that fight. He showcased his kicks that he had abandoned and moved very well in that fight. The issue is that I think Glover could beat Shogun via grappling and could make it a tough fight for him as he could with Rampage and Lyoto.

I would favor all three against Glover and Rumble but Glovers grappling and wrestling would have made it a fight and one that Glover could win.

Last edited by EmeliankoFan1; 07-27-2014 at 06:27 PM.
EmeliankoFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:23 PM   #65
EmeliankoFan1

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Fists View Post
Like two fights ago Evans lost to an old man who just got murdered last night by AJ. No way he is #2

If you're considering old fights for rankings may as well put Shogun in the mix. Besides Evans never fought TRT Hendo. They had a televised light sparring session which he "won" but he more recently lost a light sparring session to lol nig of all people

Rashad did very little in the Nog fight outside of dance around but he still lost by decision.

But the question is who has Gus beaten to get his #2 rankings. He lost to Davis and has a shogun win and Manuwa win. He did great against Jones but that does not give him a #2 spot among fighters with better records.

You guys throw around Evans not being a top division elite but he has a better resume currently in terms of top 10 fighters than all of the contenders and destroyed a guy in Davis who beat Gus at LHW and one who gave Machida problems.

No LHW has a better resume of top ten currently than Evans outside of Jones. Which begs the question, how come none of these contenders are fighting top 5 or even top 10 LHW fighters or fighting top 5 fighters for their spots.

Last edited by EmeliankoFan1; 07-27-2014 at 06:38 PM.
EmeliankoFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:07 PM   #66
MuayThaiBX

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbed2332 View Post
Gus, DC, and AJ. The rest meh
This. There are 4-5 great fighters and the rest is pretty unimpressive. It's sort of like HW but a bit stronger. Seems the majority of upcoming prospects are 170 and below.

MuayThaiBX is offline   Reply With Quote