Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 04-24-2014, 03:45 PM   #1
handspeed

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Vagner Rocha out = No Joe Ellenberger Debut

Am I the only one who is alright with Vagner Rocha pulling out of the Ellenberger fight?

First off, I do not wish injury on anyone ever, but it seems to me that coming in on short notice against a bigger opponent was not a very bright idea for Vagner, even if he was getting back into the UFC.

In his last UFC competition, Vagner was brutally KO'd by Johnathan Brookins, one not very known to knock people out cold. This fight was at 145lbs. Rocha was taking this fight against a game(LW) Ellenberger, who presumably had a full camp behind him coming into his UFC debut.

Haven't seen much of Joe, but if he is half the fighter his brother is, it was beginning to look like this wouldn't bode well for Rocha. It is pretty upsetting that we won't get to see the second Burger get into the UFC's lightweight division quite yet, but I don't think I would have wanted him to have a walk-through opponent that probably wouldn't give us a good idea of where he stands in the division.

How's about a match up between Joe and Daron Cruickshank? Or possibly the winner of the Vallie-Flagg vs Gomi fight?

Any input, sherbros?

Showtime Pettis
Mighty Mouse Johnson

Grew up watching: Fedor, Cro Cop, IceMan, Rampage, Wand, Hughes, Penn
handspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #2
Nihongi

Purple Belt

Yep if joe is half the fighter jake is then rocha would've been brutally KO'd

Nihongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:12 PM   #3
Jblizzle

Brown Belt

vCash: 13900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihongi View Post
Yep if joe is half the fighter jake is then rocha would've been brutally KO'd
Meh Vagner came in against Cerrone on short notice and didn't get Ko'd. Yeah Brookins put him away but Brookins surprised a lot of people with how aggresive he came out with his striking in that fight.

Old 04-24-2014, 04:16 PM   #4
Dontevenguess93

Purple Belt

Cerrone landed a UFC record 49 leg kicks on Rocha and with 30 seconds left in the fight Vagner was throwing flying knees still try to win. He is a gamer.

I expect Ellenberger would have won though. Hopefully Vagner gets a fight at FW.

Dontevenguess93 is offline   Reply With Quote