Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-02-2014, 06:54 AM   #11
SpiderCrawl

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevza View Post
So THATs what MMA is? Thanks for educating me. I always wondered ...
You know in MMA they also have ground fighting, and if your opponent has a weakness you should exploit it?

SpiderCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:08 AM   #12
Angelassassin53

Black Belt

vCash: 500
I was really rooting for Lineker, but you can't win a fight if you're a striker that isn't throwing strikes. I was screaming for him to engage the whole fucking time, but he didn't do shit. Ali didn't fight with much urgency, but he fought with more urgency than Lineker.

facebook.com/AudioImpulseMusic

http://www.reverbnation.com/audioimpulse
Angelassassin53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:21 AM   #13
sangreporsangre

Brown Belt

I said it last night, the JBG is punishing us for all the whining and complaining from sherdoggers about free cards. Our penance was a terrible ppv.

sangreporsangre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:32 AM   #14
Olir

Purple Belt

Rogan was on Lineker's nuts. So what if he was plodding forward? He did nothing and got hit a bunch of times. He only edged round 2.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:42 AM   #15
Torrid
Rubber Belt

vCash: 91072
I don't get why everyone is hating on this fight, it wasn't close to the worst of the night.

Lineker surprised me with his offensive sub game and sprawl. He was just being TOO patient; I don't know if he was overly conscious of gassing or just really respectful of Ali's shot - probably a little of both. John's output was too low to edge more than the second round though. His power his devastating, but he just needs to simply move his hands MORE. MORE output would slow the offensive wrestling of his opponents, set up his KOs, and win him decisions!

Ali picked his spots well, but you could tell he really had awareness for the power of Lineker. I would have liked to seen more flurries against the fence by Ali, because they seemed to work well when he mixed in the threat of the TD. He definitely put up a cerebral fight, taking the first and third.