Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:31 PM   #31
Billthebutcher2

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
He had some hype. Rogan was always bragging him up. Back in those days the UFC Heavyweight Division was about as deep as a thimble. Even Wes Sims was considered a decent prospect. If you had a pulse and managed to win a fight you were considered a viable contender. He was mainly just a big guy with an iron chin, and he had good enough cardio that guys might tire out beating on him for a few rounds. He couldn't really throw a punch or anything. His fights were usually bloodfests, mostly his blood, so he was pretty good to watch. He was horribly outclassed by both Arlovski and Sylvia and took epic beatings in those fights.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:22 AM   #32
countrytime86

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egnuldt View Post
He was considered an up and comer, considering he trained with the highly esteemed BJ Penn. He won some key fights in SuperBrawl (including Travis Wiuff - which was a very solid win back in the day). So basically, a slugger with a good chin and trained BJJ with BJ Penn garned quite a bit of hype back in the day.

Accoring to this article via Sherdog below, Correira was a possible title contender with another win or two.
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...n-Preview-1550
When it really comes down to it the hw division was so weak that even guys who were losing their last fight were getting title shots(example justin eilers) simply bc the talent pool in UFC at the time was shit, nowadays he probably wouldn't have even made it to the UFC let alone get close to a title shot. I liked him don't get me wrong but he was just target practice for guys like arlovski.

Old 01-28-2014, 01:08 AM   #33
Haggis Supper

Yellow Belt

vCash: 100
I don't remember much apart from him telling joe rogan "my head's full of concrete and stuff" and also him doing an obnoxious dance after he 'beat' tank by cut

Haggis Supper is offline   Reply With Quote