Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #11
Stuhby

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fighter_31 View Post
first hand reporting is hearsay? Using the actual fighter from the fight is hearsay? seriously? Using the president of the company as well is hearsay? My question is based off of information from multiple sources not just one. Then to say that this line of thinking gets people tortured, wow, just wow. All I did was ask a question (if refs are focusing the training in all areas to include hard rules) off of information provided from journalists, one of the fighters in the fight, and the president of the UFC. I would say I performed my due diligence in researching before I asked my question which is a simple question to which you didn't answer. Hersay is when a witness is on the stand and say's "Tom said that Jane said this", that is not the case here.
Uhm. Buddy. "Fighter_31 is saying that Cole Miller said"
"Fighter_31 is saying that Dana White said"

Second hand. Heard said.

Stuhby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #12
fighter_31

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuhby View Post
People who, while not being inflammatory or insulting, attempt to give you suggestions on things in an effort to improve your interactions with other people in the world or on internet forums?

It's dangerous to have opinions on things that you have no idea about. Sure, we're talking trivial fight-results now, but it would be shocking to assume that your standard of opinion-ing declines when discussing MMA. That said: Cole= First hand -> You= Second hand. Assuming you read this on any other website (I found it on "fighters.com") before coming here, you would - in fact - be the third hand (You read it from a guy who talked to another guy). All that aside, of course your opinion is valid. This is ammurica. It's just uninformed, and that makes it difficult to take seriously.

On topic. After re-watching, Cole was in his corner, as the incident occurred there. However, he wasn't sitting down and receiving instructions until about 30-40 seconds after the bell because he was standing there holding Manny for quite some time (Manny was, in fact, in his corner by the time allotted in the "letter of the rule". There were just also doctors there who weren't done with him). The issue I guess with this fight is that Cole and his fans thinks it should have been stopped? What justification would there be for a stoppage? He wasn't unconscious. At most he was just in pain (Sounds silly, I know). After he was stood up (around the same time Cole was beginning to sit down with his coaches), he was immediately being checked by doctors - who at that point were in control of deciding whether or not Manny was able to continue. So what we're saying is that after a minute after the bell, even if physicians are checking on fighters, the fight should be stopped? "TKO by Timeout"?
For one while I did not watch the fight and I am struggling to find a video online so I have no other choice to inform my self from multiple viewpoints which I did. I did the best I could to be informed on this subject without watching the fight. I was upfront and honest when I said I didn't watch the fight and you bashed my whole post because I was being honest. You forced into a position to where I had no choice to defend my question (to which I just like to get people's thoughts). To say I had no idea what I was talking about when I was the one to point out that Cole was in his corner shows tells me that even though you watched the fight I was more informed on this fight without even having to watch it.

On Topic: The referee put himself in horrible position. By giving Manny the extra time he allowed him to recover, creating an unfair advantage. Also by the letter of the rule Manny should have lost (right or wrong). The whole situation was unusual in the way it went down though. Also I am not a Cole fan, all I want to ask is if referee's are focused on more things then how to properly stop a fight

fighter_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #13
fighter_31

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuhby View Post
Uhm. Buddy. "Fighter_31 is saying that Cole Miller said"
"Fighter_31 is saying that Dana White said"

Second hand. Heard said.
lets try this again Tim is on the stand he says jane says that Tom says... that is hearsay

I am saying what Cole said that is first hand reporting

fighter_31 is offline   Reply With Quote