Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-16-2014, 03:30 PM   #11
LSXMMA
I posty..I sleepy..I eaty

Location: She grew up tall and she grew up right with them INDIANA boys on them INDIANA nights!
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSnow View Post

How can they market Rousey as a headliner when they can't find a suitable opponent?
Pena, Nunes, Cat, Correia, and a Mcmann rematch.

Wanderlei
Bendo
Browne
Wineland
Mousasi
Pettis
Cormier
Barao
KZ
Swanson
Larkin

Attended UFC 119, UFC on Versus 3, UFC on Fox 2, UFC on Fox 6, and Condit/Kampman 2
LSXMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:39 PM   #12
born2killl

Purple Belt

Quote:
No. I think Gina will lose to all of those. When I started this thread I specifically said it had nothing to do with fighting ability. This has to do with marketability.
Stop worrying about marketing. Youre a fan so just enjoy the fights. Leave the marketing and buy rate crap to people who get paid for that.

I dont understand this obsession with mma fans and promotional crap. You dont see fans in other sports saying "yes we have good players, but we really need to sign more marketable guys to get the ratings up" who the hell cares

born2killl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:18 PM   #13
SinisterSpider
Do You Even Lift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyantist View Post
Do you think Gina, who hasn't trained properly in years has more of a chance than somebody like Bethe Correira, Jessica Eye, Sara Kaufman?

I hate how people who know jack shit latch onto a popular name and think she's a world beater. Exact same shit happens w/ Holly Holm who's opponents have been hand picked.

Frankly I think Miesha Tate can probably beat Carano and everybody knows what I think of Miesha.
i really dont think your opinions are that important around here to where people chronicle your individual takes on fighters

SinisterSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:46 PM   #14
DrSnow

White Belt

Ronda is close to obtaining Floyd status. Once she beats Zingano, and if Holm can't land a strike early; people will lose interest in paying for her.

DrSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:04 PM   #15
Scamrock

Brown Belt

The only reason Cyborg would choose Bellator over the UFC is because she fails to make BW. She is attempting to make 135 so that she can get into the UFC to fight Rousey. Rousey is the fight she wants and she has to go to the UFC to get that. She has already beat Carano and Coenen, so there would be no need to follow them to Bellator. As long as she makes weight and wins her next fight, I'm sure she will be UFC bound.

Scamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:13 PM   #16
Stew Fiore
Amateur Fighter

Quote:
Ronda is close to obtaining Floyd status.

Old 08-16-2014, 05:33 PM   #17
battery
believe in the power of one belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamrock View Post
The only reason Cyborg would choose Bellator over the UFC is because she fails to make BW. She is attempting to make 135 so that she can get into the UFC to fight Rousey. Rousey is the fight she wants and she has to go to the UFC to get that. She has already beat Carano and Coenen, so there would be no need to follow them to Bellator. As long as she makes weight and wins her next fight, I'm sure she will be UFC bound.

justino clearly concentrating on getting down to 135...

battery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:36 PM   #18

Brown Belt

vCash: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2killl View Post
Stop worrying about marketing. Youre a fan so just enjoy the fights. Leave the marketing and buy rate crap to people who get paid for that.

I dont understand this obsession with mma fans and promotional crap. You dont see fans in other sports saying "yes we have good players, but we really need to sign more marketable guys to get the ratings up" who the hell cares

the jaguars and Bucs do that sometimes, but they have other issues too.

7437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:36 PM   #19

Brown Belt

vCash: 822
Quote:
Ronda is close to obtaining Floyd status. Once she beats Zingano, and if Holm can't land a strike early; people will lose interest in paying for her.
never actually looked at Floyd's numbers have you?

7437 is offline   Reply With Quote