Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-01-2013, 02:32 AM   #471
HappyHaHa**
Banned

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayweary View Post
In less than five minutes, she had swelling contusions from the elbows and punches landed. If she stayed there indefinitely, things were only going to get worse.

She wouldn't have stayed there indefinitely....only for ONE MORE SECOND. IF that'd happened earlier in the round, ok. But it didn't. She was defending, with one second left.

HappyHaHa** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:36 AM   #472
Wayweary

Black Belt

vCash: 2585
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHaHa View Post
no shit genius! Congrats, you've found the point. I'm saying the criteria should change.

Why aren't u getting what I'm saying? I'm sitting here, very plainly telling you that they should change the rules to factor in the time left. Simple, right?

And YOU, cluedart that you are, are telling me "there is no mention of the amount of time left in the round in that criteria." Are you trolling me right now, because it's hard to believe someone couldn't get what I'm saying. I KNOW the rules! I'm saying they should change them. wtf is wrong with you?
You didn't know the rules when you were shocked that they aren't supposed to take the time left in the round into account a few posts back. Who's trolling here?

It's not in the rules which makes it a good stoppage. It shouldn't be in the rules because rounds are an artificial construct designed to allow fighters to maintain a good pace, not to allow them to escape finishes. The fact that the bell can save a fighter is an unfortunate consequence of them, not something to be embraced. Therefore, the proximity to the end of the round should not have a bearing on a fight being stopped.

Wayweary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:37 AM   #473
Wayweary

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHaHa View Post
She wouldn't have stayed there indefinitely....only for ONE MORE SECOND. IF that'd happened earlier in the round, ok. But it didn't. She was defending, with one second left.
I'm talking about if there were no rounds. You are butting in without following the discussion and it makes you look silly.

Old 12-01-2013, 02:38 AM   #474
Wayweary

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentjay View Post
I disagree with the stoppage, though I'm not about to read 47+ pages...

Here are my thoughts...

Intelligently defending herself? yeah, she clearly was, as the strikes Juliana was throwing when Mario ended it were landing on the arms.

If it was stopped about 15 seconds earlier when Pena landed some bombs and made Rakoczy turtle over, I could have understood that, but after being mounted for over a minute, the timing just seemed.... off.
So... you think it was late stoppage? I can agree with that. But the fight was clearly over when he stopped it as well as she was unable to fight back.

Old 12-01-2013, 02:41 AM   #475
underdogftw

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayweary View Post

It's not in the rules which makes it a good stoppage. It shouldn't be in the rules because rounds are an artificial construct designed to allow fighters to maintain a good pace, not to allow them to escape finishes. The fact that the bell can save a fighter is an unfortunate consequence of them, not something to be embraced. Therefore, the proximity to the end of the round should not have a bearing on a fight being stopped.
I dropped in read this post. This does seem like a good reason.

But honestly she didn't really stand much chance vs pena's td as expected even if it went on it would be the same in at least round 2. Not sure what people who thought she would beat pena given the stylistic nightmare and how pena isn't afraid of charging were thinking.

underdogftw is online now   Reply With Quote