Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:11 PM   #141
Break_the_will

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingunoz View Post
They can do whatever they want. Just not my cup of tea. I don't care how many phone ads she might get. Hulk hogan was super popular too, but i don't care about that crap. I want to see amazing fights and amazing fighters. Ronda's a one trick pony with a bad attitude. If thats what you want to see you pay $50 and enjoy. Just not for me and i think given the likes of so many great fighters like anderson i think its so sad that she gets so much undeserved attention.
On a serious note, why is it that you dont think what Rousey does is amazing? She demonstrates Judo and submissions at a higher level than we've ever seen in the UFC before. You can call it a "one trick pony" but no one has stopped that one trick even though they knew it was coming and trained specifically to stop it. I find that kind of dominance enthralling regardless of gender. It seems like you let your personal dislike of her perceived attitude cloud your ability to appreciate how skilled and exciting she it. But to each their own right?

Additionally, how do you feel its undeserved? Out of all the competitors to ever fight in the UFC, she is one of the VERY few who have dedicated such a massive percentage of their life to their martial art. People like Lyoto, Rousey, and McMann are rare breeds in the landscape of mediocre wrestlers/thai boxers who "just bang" for the fun of it and an easy paycheck. I guess i like to consider the context of how each fighter earned their prominence, rather than arbitrarily decide who "deserves" stardom and who doesnt.

Last edited by Break_the_will; 02-20-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Break_the_will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #142
masterofthetap

Orange Belt

Yea I agree with Pat Cummins being a ridiculous replacement. The way they're trying to sell the crying story is also annoying.

masterofthetap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:29 PM   #143
C00kie

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Charger View Post
But she's willing to DIE fighting for her strap.....right
I have no idea what your point is.

Seriously

Old 02-20-2014, 03:45 PM   #144
Jocke

Brown Belt

vCash: 396
I don't know about that, Ronda has casual mainstream appeal.

I think this card was fine when the DC Shad fight was still in, but now it's kind of meh.

Jocke is offline   Reply With Quote