Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:43 PM   #111
RockUmSockUm

Black Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn1NSAN0 View Post
If he KO'd Jones, you would say "Jones was overrated, he's a cheater who made a career out of beating past their prime hasbeens and was only winning because of his reach and eye pokes. Let's see what happens when he faces a real LHW."
No, Jones is a legit champion. Davis was only a hot prospect that has largely been debunked. He's lost to any of the top guys he's faced. That doesn't prove Rumble's ability, just Davis's lack of ability, which we already knew was questionable from the Rashad and Machida fights. Rumble is legit top 5 now, but he's not a legit threat to Jones/Gus/DC in my eyes until he beats one of them. You're saying he's a legit threat because he beat Davis and Lil Nog, which I think is ridiculous.

RockUmSockUm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:14 AM   #112
Emjay
Omnipotent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockUmSockUm View Post
No, Jones is a legit champion. Davis was only a hot prospect that has largely been debunked. He's lost to any of the top guys he's faced. That doesn't prove Rumble's ability, just Davis's lack of ability, which we already knew was questionable from the Rashad and Machida fights. Rumble is legit top 5 now, but he's not a legit threat to Jones/Gus/DC in my eyes until he beats one of them. You're saying he's a legit threat because he beat Davis and Lil Nog, which I think is ridiculous.
So he's not a threat to Jones until he becomes champion?

Wha?

Problem isnt "weak cards". Problem is the sense of entitlement to always be delivered the greatest thing ever all the time

Last edited by Emjay; 07-31-2014 at 12:53 AM.
Emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:31 AM   #113
RockUmSockUm

Black Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjay View Post
So he's not a thread to Jones until he becomes champion?

Wha?
I like how you ignore part of the post in order to feign absurdity. By the time Rumble is ready to fight for the belt, Jones might not be champ anymore.

Gaa?

RockUmSockUm is offline   Reply With Quote