Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:18 PM   #21
Vagitarian

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Jones was ploding, Glover was standing still

Vagitarian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:22 PM   #22
Gorkle

Yellow Belt

vCash: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn1NSAN0 View Post
You have to realize there probably would've been a lot more significant offense from Glover if not for the shoulder crank in round 1. After that, he pretty much had no hope of victory.

I'm not taking anything away from Jones, props to him for taking away his opponent's weapon.
Of course it had an effect, but even before that he wasn't actually doing that much. It was very early on and it surely limited the chance of a one punch knock out, but it happened due to Jones enforcing his game plan on Glover, forcing him against the cage.

Hell, the fight ended with Jones doing a Roy Jones Jr, it was clear he didn't feel threatened.

Gorkle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:28 PM   #23
Cptn1NSAN0

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorkle View Post
Of course it had an effect, but even before that he wasn't actually doing that much. It was very early on and it surely limited the chance of a one punch knock out, but it happened due to Jones enforcing his game plan on Glover, forcing him against the cage.

Hell, the fight ended with Jones doing a Roy Jones Jr, it was clear he didn't feel threatened.
I don't disagree with you, Jones had a great gameplan. I believe that if not for the shoulder crank, Jones still would have dominated. Who knows though, maybe we would have at least seen his chin get cracked a couple times.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:38 PM   #24
in the liver

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagitarian View Post
Jones was ploding, Glover was standing still
lol while thats consistent with my observations i respectfully disagree sir xD

in the liver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:39 PM   #25
DarthChen731

Silver Belt

vCash: 50
Bones is pretty fast. Not as fast as a Machida. Can't remember the speed difference against Rashad but Rashad is generally pretty quick.

Glover looked slow as hell, although definitely not as slow as Rampage.

I will marry Gina

FatneckMusic.bandcamp.com
DarthChen731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #26
5H3RD0G

Black Belt

Glover has a set of moves he does well but he has no unique counters. If someone watches film on someone and knows how to counter all their skills then your already beaten. You have to watch your own fights study your opponents skill and where they will attack you and where you can bait them and counter. If you want to win in the future you have to be not only physically a skilled fighter but have a gameplan that can allow you to at least alternate winning rounds to have a chance.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:45 PM   #27
Bojka

Blue Belt

Jones is a plodding fighter who just uses that hand-on-face/forehead technique to keep fighters away from him.

The only time he looks fast is when he does a spinning elbow.

Bojka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:48 PM   #28
Vagitarian

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the liver View Post
lol while thats consistent with my observations i respectfully disagree sir xD
I was exaggerating but my perception was that most of the time Jones was just circling around Glover and he was just kinda standing there and would react instead of being proactive.

Vagitarian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:36 PM   #29
fearoth

Black Belt

vCash: 656
Certainly not the fastest but he can quickly explode in your face and then it's lights out. Works well for him, Jones is just on another level compared to the rest of the LHW division.

fearoth is offline   Reply With Quote