Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #71
That209
Unholy

vCash: 750
If Bendo can beat a few guys impressively, then sure Bendo could definitely get another shot eventually.

Sherdog; the place where opinion = fact.

Cain Velasquez will go down as the GOAT.
That209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #72
acewayne

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoto View Post
Losing twice, once outside the organization, doesn't negate the win streak, the three title defenses, and the two potential wins against contenders.

Finishes are irrelevant. Wins over top opponents and good performances are. Mir/Cro Cop was a finish. Bendo/Miller was still more impressive.
No matter how many times you say that WEC fight doesn't matter, it matters. Pettis has his number.

Let him get impressive wins then and work his way back. Which means not squeaking out decisions, clear cut victories finish or decision.

Do you really want to see Bendo Pettis III in 2014 resulting in a possible 0-3 for Bendo (all 3 being title fights)? Then what? Up to Welterweight?

There needs to be time inbetween the second and third fight.

acewayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #73
315MMAFighter

Brown Belt

vCash: 3043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrincian View Post
Pettis has Bendo's arm, number, and soul.

They could fight in a nursing home when both are on stretcher beds and Bendo would still lose to Pettis.
This is pretty much what I was gonna say

Pettis via whatever he wants,

315MMAFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #74
JonSnitchPhones

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoto View Post
Whether you realize this or not, you may be mildly retarded. I picked Pettis to win for a third fight in the OP.
You may not realize this, actually you wouldn't if you were, but you may be operating in a borderline vegetative state to contend that the way Pettis won was underwhelming because he won on a quick sub after destroying Bendo to the body, and Bendo didn't look like himself (seems to be said by some about all Pettis' opponents) unlike the first where he lost also, so we should see a 3rd match soon. You only said you picked Pettis because you were compelled to by public pressure (as you said, it was grudgingly). Everything you say indicates you believe Bendo is the better fighter. There would be no point to putting together this match-up yet again soon if you didn't think Bendo had the edge. Unless there's no point in why you do things, which is also a sign of somebody with severe brain dysfunction.

Quote:
Only idiots like yourself disputed Guida's win over Pettis. Guida shut him down and Pettis offered next to nothing offensively.
You know another idiot who also thought Pettis won - Jordan Breen. And Breen is one of the smartest, if not the smartest, media members in MMA. He's admittedly smarter than I, and a lot smarter than you. A lot of respected people thought Pettis won, and were more adamant about it than me, who is rather soft in my stance about it. Fight Metric had Pettis easily winning the 2nd round, and narrowly losing the 3rd. The only difference in the 3rd was Pettis going for a finish instead of holding back mount like Guida would have. And I don't rate positions, because they are meaningless in and of themselves, a means to an end. If you actually have read the unified rules, or paid attention to the nuances of the ground game, you'd realize there was a clear case for Pettis winning. As opposed to following the judging precedent, and being impressed by the dominant appearance of someone being on top, pseudo humping an opponent. Besides, that was in Pettis' octagon debut which has been known to yield anomalies if you were knowledgeable (which you aren't), and like I said one fight. The dumbest thing you may have said in this entire thread, which is saying something, is the Pettis vs. Bendo situation is analogous to Guida vs. Pettis. You must have killed it on the SATs.

Old 12-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #75
Nylonbaby

Blue Belt

vCash: 851
Pettis definitely has Bendo's number. There are so many other fights I'd rather see at LW.

MMAbyJared.blogspot.com
Nylonbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #76
MARTIAN
Primo

vCash: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsesrod View Post
Diaz is light years ahead of Benson for a title shot. Benson can win 10 straight against top 5 opponents and still not earn a title shot as long as Pettis is champ. The only way Pettis and Benson should ever fight again is if Pettis loses and then Benson beats someone else for the title.
can you admit that post was a waste of time . Seeing as I didn't mention Bendo's name while listing contenders ahead of Diaz.

And winning 10 straight against top 5's wouldn't earn him a shot?
I realize you were exaggerating to help reiterate your point. But if he knocks off all other challengers, the UFC isn't going to have much of a choice about a third fight.

Old 12-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #77
jaysinleigh83

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshafer26 View Post
Won't happen you hardly ever see a rubber match when someone is down 2-0.....
....but it has happened before.

jaysinleigh83 is offline   Reply With Quote