Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #221
THECYNDlCATE
Promoter
 
THECYNDlCATE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Keyser_Soze_ View Post
He is nowhere to be found in the top 10. He is NOT a LEGIT contender. Thank you for playing. Your rice a roni is in the mail.

Wah wah wah.

I love rice a roni!

__________________
"Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless,... like water" - Bruce Lee
[Yeah, that's right,.. Be like water. Fall on the ground & spread out helplessly.]
THECYNDlCATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #222
315MMAFighter

Brown Belt
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 3,947
vCash: 3043
Jones would get folded like a beach chair if he fights Cain

315MMAFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #223
ShreddinMMA
I Am The Danger
 
ShreddinMMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseKM57 View Post
Jones would wreck Cain, too athletic and way better wrestling.
If Gus managed to score a takedown, you better believe Cain will manage to score 10.

Also, no idea how you can conclude Jones has "way better wrestling". Jones' wrestling is reliant on his athleticism. Notice how when he can't get the initial takedown, he can't chain wrestle well.

Rampage, Rashad, and Gus all managed to stuff Jones consistently just because they stopped the initial shot and Jones backed off. Jones has shown that is prefers explosive, big, wrestling moves in favour of chain wrestling.

Cain on the other hand shoots another takedown if he fails the first.

A better chain wrestler is always going to be an explosive wrestler, especially when the chain wrestler is known for having a ridiculous gas tank. Jones would be poorly advised to engage Cain in a wrestling match and should avoid such.

__________________
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..."

Fedor, GSP, and Anderson are gone. Weidman and Velasquez are the new kings.
ShreddinMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:22 AM   #224
THECYNDlCATE
Promoter
 
THECYNDlCATE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShreddinMMA View Post
If Gus managed to score a takedown, you better believe Cain will manage to score 10.

Also, no idea how you can conclude Jones has "way better wrestling". Jones' wrestling is reliant on his athleticism. Notice how when he can't get the initial takedown, he can't chain wrestle well.

Rampage, Rashad, and Gus all managed to stuff Jones consistently just because they stopped the initial shot and Jones backed off. Jones has shown that is prefers explosive, big, wrestling moves in favour of chain wrestling.

Cain on the other hand shoots another takedown if he fails the first.

A better chain wrestler is always going to be an explosive wrestler, especially when the chain wrestler is known for having a ridiculous gas tank. Jones would be poorly advised to engage Cain in a wrestling match and should avoid such.

I don't even think I have seen Jones turn the corner on a takedown before.

__________________
"Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless,... like water" - Bruce Lee
[Yeah, that's right,.. Be like water. Fall on the ground & spread out helplessly.]
THECYNDlCATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:31 AM   #225
xazzable**
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 398
vCash: 500
Jones would crumble worse than a french baguette if they ever fought.

xazzable** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:37 AM   #226
Rick Frost**
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
A 50 percent Jones still beat Gus, so I think he will do good against Cain, hopefully Jones is fully healed from the foot injury which frankly I think he will never be the same after that injury which showed in his fight with Gus.

Rick Frost** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:06 AM   #227
Oleg Salenko
20 Liga 14 Cup
 
Oleg Salenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 18505-7427
Posts: 3,147
vCash: 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Frost View Post
A 50 percent Jones still beat Gus, so I think he will do good against Cain, hopefully Jones is fully healed from the foot injury which frankly I think he will never be the same after that injury which showed in his fight with Gus.
He was 20% doofus. Also Gus was 180% and still couldn't beat him. Next time Jones will be at least 67% and Gus will only manage to get to as much as 114%.

Oleg Salenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:09 AM   #228
B33bs

White Belt
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 99
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Salenko View Post
He was 20% doofus. Also Gus was 180% and still couldn't beat him. Next time Jones will be at least 67% and Gus will only manage to get to as much as 114%.
^This!

B33bs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:30 AM   #229
MikeyLan

Purple Belt
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,894
vCash: 500
Would love to see Jones-Cain, but I think Cain is the better wrestler by a fair margin.

MikeyLan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:37 AM   #230
rooksta

Green Belt
 
rooksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,172
vCash: 640
Give Jones respect for calling out Cain, it takes courage to want to lock yourself in a cage with that guy for 25 minutes.

rooksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Latest Threads



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 PM.

Sherdog.com Forum Rules Clear Cookies Social Groups Lost Password
Contact Us - Sherdog Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices

Skin made by Alex. © iStyles.uni.cc Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
forums.sherdog.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.
monitoring_string = "fd5733925866a04e50edd70f38dfaa35"
monitoring_string = "603ac9fff68f23709f2a42bf5e29272b"