Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:22 PM   #41
Spindrift0036

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
McMann GNP

"If I know already that the outcome is not going to devastate my life, it makes me so much more excited for everything that's to come"- Sara McMann
Spindrift0036 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:25 PM   #42
LEGS MAHONEY

Black Belt

eh ronda was controlling her pretty easy in the clinch so i doubt sarah would have held in there much longer

Old 03-03-2014, 04:27 PM   #43
Ashenthorn

Purple Belt

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbh View Post
If the fight was not stopped as quick as it was, do you think Ronda would have won? It looked to me like Sara grabbed Ronda's legs and was about to take her down before the fight was stopped

Miesha's takedown > Sara's takedown

Old 03-03-2014, 04:33 PM   #44
A Psych Major

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy View Post
Any time a fighter gets dropped due to liver shot, they are done. Even if they get back up, they are focused defending on their liver from then on. And the other fighter just has to go for it again aggressively and the injured fighter will cave.
You should watch Browne vs Overeem and Smith vs Sell, they're good fights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperor View Post
Sara wasn't actually hurt at all; she was just setting Ronda up for a rear naked clam jam or possibly even the triple decker pecker wrecker. Give it 10 more seconds in the cage and Ronda would be tapping faster than you can say "Stop laughing at my girl's pain!"

That's the great thing about these hypothetical scenarios. You can say whatever you want would have happened, and you're always right!
You've convinced me, McMann via sub in the rematch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cumafish View Post
pretty much summed up my thoughts exactly, you don't shrug off liver shots, ever.
If you read the post right above yours, you would be reminded that someone recovered from a liver shot from someone much better at delivering them than Rousey and won the fight in the very same round. I don't think Sara would've won or even made it out of the first round but the stoppage was shit.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #45
BROKENSPROKET

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbh View Post
If the fight was not stopped as quick as it was, do you think Ronda would have won? It looked to me like Sara grabbed Ronda's legs and was about to take her down before the fight was stopped and the strikes by Ronda didn't look like they hurt Sara when she was knocked to the ground.
Were you drunk?

I have the fight on my DVR. Have watched it more than 20 times, and in slow motion.

Now, during the post-fight press conference, she said she was reaching for a leg. Miesha Tate said the same thing when Zingano finished her.

McMann never touched a leg. Neither did Tate. Tate fell, both hands on the mat, palms down, and she says she was going for a take down. McMann says she was reaching for a leg, yet she never touched one. She never touched a leg on Rousey.

BROKENSPROKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:45 PM   #46
pcbh

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
Were you drunk?

I have the fight on my DVR. Have watched it more than 20 times, and in slow motion.

Now, during the post-fight press conference, she said she was reaching for a leg. Miesha Tate said the same thing when Zingano finished her.

McMann never touched a leg. Neither did Tate. Tate fell, both hands on the mat, palms down, and she says she was going for a take down. McMann says she was reaching for a leg, yet she never touched one. She never touched a leg on Rousey.
Thank you for posting that. I only watched the fight once and heard Sara say she was reaching for a leg after, so I was confused, but I'm sure Sara would have gone for the take down like she said, had the fight not been stopped so quickly.

pcbh is offline   Reply With Quote