Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #381
Rod1

Red Belt
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober8008 View Post
Total Keyboard Warrior guys. Anyone that has rolled, even just once or twice, realizes that JJ style grappling can be one of the most exhausting cardio workouts there is. I find it more exhausting than sparring when you are playing for keeps for any extended period of time. It's on par with wrestling. None of her mass is ill gotten, she looks like a solid grappler. Just like Rousey, she's got big arms for her sex and size, so what? Now she's gonna gas because she's built like a wrestler?
1.- LOL at none of her mass ill gotten, im guessing that lifting weights also makes your chin grow and your voice to get deeper right? sport BJJ is crowded with PEDs its not even hidden, up until the last worlds there was no testing, and testing right now is just a single event. Look at her history, look at her early interviews, she had a female jawline and a female voice, when she was starting, she was always big, but she was not always muscular.

2.-I have been doing Judo for over 10 years and BJJ for over 3 years, im also bigger than Gabi, VO2 max does not changes linearly with body mass, more muscle doesnt means that your lungs and your blood can carry proportionally more oxygen. HWs do have worse cardio for the simple fact that we move more weight.

3.- You are dellusional if you think that BJJ is as tiring as judo or wrestling which are around 2:1 and 1:2 respectively when it comes to anaerobic and aerobic periods respectively, since BJJ is not a recognized sport in any major amateur organization studies are more narrow, but action is always slower, since there are not stalling calls and actions is on the floor. People who get overly tired in BJJ are the white and blue belts who cant hold a position so they have pretty dynamic and sloppy matches that score tons of points. Blackbelts have matches that are decided by one score or advantages.

4.- Gabi, despite her huge advantage has been swept and THROWN more than once in BJJ matches, and we are talking about MMA which Ronda is a veteran and Gabi is not. She is good, but anyone with 2 eyes can see that Gabi wouldnt be as succcesful in BJJ without that huge advantage, women that she outweights by tons of muscle manage to sweep and throw her.

We would also assume Ronda doesnt cuts any weight and that Gabi will be off the needle for sometime since it will be tested by a decent athletic comission.

__________________
"Judo teaches only through pain and effort" Budo: the art of killing

Ronda by armbar.

Using the "No true scotsman" logical fallacy when it comes to Judo and newaza since 2010.
Rod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:27 PM   #382
Drew314

Blue Belt
 
Drew314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Gabi, despite her huge advantage has been swept and THROWN more than once in BJJ matches, and we are talking about MMA which Ronda is a veteran and Gabi is not.

Just in case you missed it a while back, when I told you how false it was to try to infer that Gabi being THROWN before gives Ronda some sort of advantage over that monster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew314 View Post
You do realize how silly it is for you to bring this up, right? It's worse than MMAth.

Don't believe me? Watch this, and let it sink in......

Ronda Rousey was BACK MOUNTED by BJJ Blue Belt LIZ CARMOUCHE

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

CHEESE!!!
If Carmouche, who is the size of one of Gabi's arms, can back mount Rousey, I don't see how you think Ronda being able to throw her helps. If Ronda pulled off a throw, she would be immediately reversed and tapped.

Drew314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:43 PM   #383
runnpray
Bearer of Universal Truth
 
runnpray's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
what the hell is going on in Brazil?

__________________
"Look at his face and look at mine, that's how it should always be judged!" - BJ Penn
runnpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:53 PM   #384
Rod1

Red Belt
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew314 View Post
Just in case you missed it a while back, when I told you how false it was to try to infer that Gabi being THROWN before gives Ronda some sort of advantage over that monster.
Agreed, but it goes both ways when assuming that Gabi would throw Ronda around because she has biceps and because she does that against women that she outweighs by 100 lbs or because Mousasi managed to best Ronda in a grappling match.

Quote:
If Carmouche, who is the size of one of Gabi's arms, can back mount Rousey, I don't see how you think Ronda being able to throw her helps. If Ronda pulled off a throw, she would be immediately reversed and tapped.
"Your argument is invalid because you use MMAth, and you are wrong because MMAth means i win".

Ronda reckless grappling style comes from the fact that she is stronger and better than her opponents, if you see her judo matches she can be far more cautious and defensive. And she has beat women in Judo who are also athletic freaks on top of being judo champions. Like Edith Boesch who stands at 6 feet tall



Doesnt matters though, Ronda via Gabi DQ for doping.

__________________
"Judo teaches only through pain and effort" Budo: the art of killing

Ronda by armbar.

Using the "No true scotsman" logical fallacy when it comes to Judo and newaza since 2010.
Rod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:55 PM   #385
Jozo Sha

Green Belt
 
Jozo Sha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Daingean Uí Chúis
Posts: 971
vCash: 50
I'm sticking with Gabi having acromegaly.

__________________
Nakai Vs Tate shows JMMA needs to stay in Japan where the competition is easier
Jozo Sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:55 PM   #386
ZappBrannigan
ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ้ ส้้้้้้้้
 
ZappBrannigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 11,112
vCash: 500
Damn I'd rather fight Wand over her anyday!

ZappBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:38 PM   #387
Morozevich

Brown Belt
 
Morozevich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,291
vCash: 500
Think she could take Wanderlei, nevermind Rousey.

Morozevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 03:24 AM   #388
High Altitude

Blue Belt
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 948
vCash: 424
I would climb right on up that as if I was going for the summit of Everest.

High Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:41 AM   #389
MMABr

Brown Belt
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,260
vCash: 500
just read she is making her MMA debut in August, in Japan.

says she will compete at 205lbs and needs to cut around 20lbs. Ronda is safe!

MMABr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #390
serioususername

White Belt
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uped145 View Post


Any plans for a womens heavyweight division in the ufc soon?
womens super hulk div. coming soon
she is a freaking silver back

serioususername is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Latest Threads



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 AM.

Sherdog.com Forum Rules Clear Cookies Social Groups Lost Password
Contact Us - Sherdog Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices

Skin made by Alex. © iStyles.uni.cc Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
forums.sherdog.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.
monitoring_string = "fd5733925866a04e50edd70f38dfaa35"
monitoring_string = "603ac9fff68f23709f2a42bf5e29272b"