Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:01 PM   #21
DeformedGravy

Blue Belt

vCash: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper85 View Post
Tibau has the 2nd highest TDD in UFC at 91.9% It's incredibly difficult for anybody to take that guy down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shammon View Post
Tibau might have the best TDD in the UFC. That being said, he was still stuck against the cage for the entire fight. If Khabib's wrestling wasn't up to par, Tibau would have reversed him at some point, but he was just... stuck there.

As good as Tibau's TDD is, his striking is essentially its antithesis.. I'm simply saying that Khabib should have outstruck Tibau, and that fight showed that a fighter who can keep the fight standing long enough and has some standup ability will be able to beat him.

DeformedGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #22
BionicCommando

Red Belt

vCash: 480
How about a free card? I mean there's probably going to be one between now and the next PPV main card (in April). Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Nate Diaz seems like a solid free TV headliner.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:25 PM   #23
MMAdict

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeformedGravy View Post
As good as Tibau's TDD is, his striking is essentially its antithesis.. I'm simply saying that Khabib should have outstruck Tibau, and that fight showed that a fighter who can keep the fight standing long enough and has some standup ability will be able to beat him.
So you don't think khabibs striking has improved since the tibau fight? I would be willing to venture it has, considering he has been training at aka. Not to mention, he went on to KO Tavares and outstruck Healy.

WW:Koreshkov
LW:Alvarez, Pettis, Cowboy, Khabib
FW:McGregor
BW:Faber
MMAdict is offline   Reply With Quote