Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:35 PM   #151
Wayweary

Black Belt

vCash: 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by trane View Post
Honestly I don't see it. In round 1 you could say Georges made it close, but I didn't see anything he did where he actually deserved to win it.
Judging as a whole, I guess I can agree, but he clearly won 2 rounds and debatably a third.

Wayweary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:52 PM   #152
My name is

Yellow Belt

vCash: 500
I think gps won 1 5 and 3

My name is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:58 PM   #153
eworden78

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by flakxd View Post
Finally re-watching his fight against GSP, and I know it has been discussed ad nauseam on here.

Does anyone disagree with Johny winning rounds 1, 2, & 4?

I could see Johny winning the 3rd as well (due to the takedown at the end), but I give round 3 to GSP for landing more strikes and getting back up not long after getting taken down.

Johny got screwed no matter how you judge that fight.
I agree, I don't know where the confusion comes on round one. I watched the first round over and over counted every strike, every exchange, octagon control, everything.

There's no objective way you can give round 1 to GSP. It was a close round, but a close round that very clearly went to Johnny.

I think the thing that confuses people, is that GSP started the round strong, and ended the round strong, but most of the offense happened in the middle of the round.
GSP did not win a single exchange from 3:38 - 2:05.

JH won 7 out 11 exchanges in the round.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:59 PM   #154
cumafish

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindingANARCHY View Post
Gsp 1,2,3,4,5

Old 08-21-2014, 02:05 PM   #155
crysis

Blue Belt

johnny lost fair and square, he didn't ko gsp like he said he was going to, he made excuses for not winning by indicating he was going 70%.

he initially agreed to extra drug testing then backed out like a coward and came up with a lousy excuse, yet gsp went through with it on his own.

gsp was the one who fought at less than 70%, hasn't been the same since the acl injury, lack of focus and desire to fight, especially that fight because of all the personal issues going on in his head.

i truly believe the gsp that fought alves for example would've beat johnny pretty dominantly...the gsp we seen wasn't the same.

like dana says don't let it go to the judges and based on that reason the one who wins is the one who gets the better scores. gsp won and no matter who thinks differently it doesn't change the outcome.

damage doesn't mean anything because some cut more easily than others, and the lawler/hendricks fight was close and could've gone either way but in that fight johnny took more visual damage and still won, so dana, johnny and anyone else can cry about how gsp looked afterwards but the fact is johnny failed at finishing the champ and lost, using excuses won't change the result of that fight....gsp may of looked beat up but he still won on points, if people want to complain and cry then blame the judges if you don't agree.

crysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:38 PM   #156
SherdogGoat

Black Belt

I scored it the same both times I watched it. The only difference in watching it twice was, I thought Jonny annihilated GSP in the 2nd rd the first time I saw the fight but on my second viewing even though I saw GSP clearly losing the 2nd, he wasn't as badly dominated in the 2nd as I thought and he had quite a lot of significant strikes himself.