Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #61
honzo

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Sonnen View Post
Once again, I am not talking about Sonnen though obviously I am a big fan and if you want to discuss him, I am always happy to. However if you want to do it here, since he and Vitor have never faced each other and both have lossed to their two most recent common opponents, if you can tell me how Sonnen's career effects how good or bad Belfort is I would be happy to hear it.
I personally think chael shouldn't be licensed in Nevada either.
I think it's humorous the reasons ur hating on vitor should be applied to chael.
I no ur going to say chael had undisclosed treatment however he pissed so hot he burnt a hole in the beaker.
I don't agree with trt either but u can't apply it just to vitor when chael is also a cheat.

honzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:41 AM   #62
MysticNinjaJay

Silver Belt

Quote:
I wanted Rockhold to win. I wanted Bisping to win. I don't see where this is going with Vitor. He has had his shots at the two current champs in both weight classes and failed. He is not licensed in the states and judging by his comments and actions and taking into account Dana's comments I don't see him even trying to get licensed here again. As such, its bad for business to have a guy that may be playing fast and loose with the TRT, that may never fight in the country your promotion is based in, beating the guys who should be next in line to fight your champions. Its that simple. I don't hate Vitor. The guy can be a human highlight reel and he has been fun to watch over the years. But his time has passed. I agree with Dana. To fight here he won't be able to be on the TRT or whatever it is he is taking. If he can't fight without it, its time to hang it up.
Quote:
Vitor took steroids, ignores that. Vitor takes TRT, says everyone that takes it should be banned. Vitor gets title shots virtually at will, complains about way UFC determines who gets shots when someone else gets them. And that hair cut...WTF. I look forward to Rockhold finishing Vitor so we never have to hear from him again.
These two statements contradict each other. You clearly dislike Vitor and want him to fail so that he loses relevance. That's hate.

We'll see what happens with Vitor and his license in the USA. I doubt he would work so hard and not have that cleared up when the need arises.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:12 AM   #63
Son of Sonnen

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
These two statements contradict each other. You clearly dislike Vitor and want him to fail so that he loses relevance. That's hate.

We'll see what happens with Vitor and his license in the USA. I doubt he would work so hard and not have that cleared up when the need arises.
They don't contradict each other at all. I am sick of hearing from Vitor for the reasons I have stated. I am also sick of hearing from the guys that whine and cry and waste our time about pot. It's not allowed in your profession. NFL players aren't allowed to take a Sudafed and they don't. Doesn't matter why or if it should or shouldn't. For now it is a banned substance, be a professional and don't do it. Having a legitimate reason for not liking someone or what they are doing is not hating. I wish Vitor would cut the shit with TRT so I could get on board. But he is extremely defensive about it, he is avoiding all commissions that would scrutinize his use, when the guy whose job it is to make the company as much money as possible calls out one of his owners favorite guys on it, and that guy is bigger and more defined than any other time in his career, a career by the way that goes back to 19 years old, I am not being irrational or a hater thinking he is doing something he shouldn't be. Nor am I a hater for thinking he is actually hurting the division by beating the other talent who I believe are abiding by the rules. TRT is not illegal if you get an exemption. Either get a legit exemption in the states, or be Rich Franklin and fight catch weight for entertainment in Brazil.

I should mention that the blame for this doesn't rest solely with Vitor, Joe Silva shouldn't be making these matches in the first place.

Last edited by Son of Sonnen; 05-21-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Son of Sonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #64
Son of Sonnen

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinarice View Post
I'd be happy to discuss with you how Vitor has accomplished more in his career than Sonnen ever has.

You willing to discuss facts?
Go ahead, tell me about it? You are going to find there is not as much to talk about as you think. A lot of " crazy knockout" type accomplishments and " should have won, but..." stuff. Championships, 1. Title defenses, None. He is a very good fighter, just not elite in this sport.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:25 AM   #65
Son of Sonnen

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by honzo View Post
I personally think chael shouldn't be licensed in Nevada either.
I think it's humorous the reasons ur hating on vitor should be applied to chael.
I no ur going to say chael had undisclosed treatment however he pissed so hot he burnt a hole in the beaker.
I don't agree with trt either but u can't apply it just to vitor when chael is also a cheat.
Quote:
Regardless of what you think a fighter is on TRT for, do not cross the line into bashing them( so and so is a cheater, ex-roid monkey)

These threads and posts will not be tolerated and be met with dubs and/or bans.

Lets have fun and post smart.
Sensible discussion on the topic is fine.

Thanks
What a surprise, Mods move a legitimate discussion thread to the Wasteland because its not a popular opinion, yet don't enforce their own rules when it's about a fighter they don't like in the same thread.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #66
Santi Claus

Red Belt

vCash: 169
A shit poster gets his thread put in the wasteland and then cries about it. Hilarious.

Santi Claus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #67
Son of Sonnen

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santi Claus View Post
A shit poster gets his thread put in the wasteland and then cries about it. Hilarious.
I don't think you're the real Santi Claus.

My points are valid and this is a legit topic. Vitor's record speaks for itself. His two best wins are against Wandy and Rich Franklin. I'll say it again...Lidell, loss. Overeem twice, two losses. Couture 3 times, one win by glove cut and two losses, Ortiz, loss. Anderson, Loss. Jones, Loss. Sakuraba, Loss. Henderson, Loss. The reason you know my points are valid is because 90% of the responses in this thread are attacks on either me or another fighter who isn't even fighting in the same weight class as Vitor anymore who has nothing to do with this topic. A fighter by the way that has the exact same record against their common opponents. But that is neither here nor there. You have posters calling Michael Bisping, Luke Rockhold and Matt Lindland elite fighters in this thread but I am a shit poster? I am a realist that doesn't get moist every time he sees someone get KO'd. Look at this board, it turns into a Bieber like man crush site everytime a fighter finishes someone. Vitor is just the flavor of this week.