Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:09 PM   #31
jeff7b9

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
That fight sucked. Get the fuck out of here with your emporers new clothes bullshit

jeff7b9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:10 PM   #32
Senzo Tanaka

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC 151 View Post
That is probably the dumbest short-hand I've ever seen. You call him A2 because it's shorter than typing his name out. It's just as long as AA, but rather than typing out the 2nd A which is at the exact location of the 1st A, you decide to instead go for the number 2. What the fuck.
I'm just trying to make Andrei hip for the new generation of fans.

Senzo Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:19 PM   #33
Majin Boo

White Belt

Who enjoys starring contest?

Majin Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #34
Total Immortal
Lupin Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsyaUncle View Post
Sounds like you haven't been following his career lately. He's not been able to pull the trigger and has looked very tentative since the Kharitinov KO.
Arlovski is my favorite fighter, so yea I've been following his career lol. I agree he's not as aggressive as he used to be but part of that is his new team at Jackson's. He's been following Greg's gameplans a lot more, and although it doesn't always lead to him getting a stoppage he still only has 4 decision wins out of 22 total. I believe he'll get back to his usual self now that he's gotten his first win back in the UFC.

This day never seems to end...
Total Immortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:22 PM   #35
dc007
mr. white belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheetsMMAfan View Post
I think it was that most people expected 2 guys with glass jaws and 1 punch KO power to not go 3 rounds and end in a "meh" decision.

It was nice seeing AO back, and I am sure jitters were involved. Hopefully his striking defense and TDD can withstand a few more fights and he can climb the heavyweight ladder once more.
This. I was excited for the fight because I figured whoever got hit first was going to sleep but the end was just a lackluster decision. I guess I enjoyed the fight while it was happening though.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #36
BobsyaUncle

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Immortal View Post
Arlovski is my favorite fighter, so yea I've been following his career lol. I agree he's not as aggressive as he used to be but part of that is his new team at Jackson's. He's been following Greg's gameplans a lot more, and although it doesn't always lead to him getting a stoppage he still only has 4 decision wins out of 22 total. I believe he'll get back to his usual self now that he's gotten his first win back in the UFC.
I'd love to see it but I really don't think so. What he once had appears to be gone.

BobsyaUncle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:33 PM   #37
blitzk

Brown Belt

vCash: 450
I was on the edge of my seat but mostly beacause I knew the fight could end at any moment and I had $50 on Arlovski.

If I take the bet out of the equation, I don't hink I'd been that much into it.

blitzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:33 PM   #38
Total Immortal
Lupin Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsyaUncle View Post
I'd love to see it but I really don't think so. What he once had appears to be gone.
Don't count the Pitbull out just yet, imo he still has some gas left in the tank. It depends on matchmaking as well. If you want a sure ko give him Big Nog or Mir, if they want to give him a test than Barnett or Gonzaga would be fitting.

This day never seems to end...
Total Immortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:45 PM   #39
MuayThaiBX

Brown Belt

The only thing remotely exciting about it IMO was the fact that they both have pretty weak chins and therefore it COULD end at any moment. However, the actual fighting inside the octagon was weak and boring. AA did more damage from the bottom with elbows in the 3rd than either fighter did in the whole rest of the fight.

MuayThaiBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:49 PM   #40
BobsyaUncle

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Immortal View Post
Don't count the Pitbull out just yet, imo he still has some gas left in the tank. It depends on matchmaking as well. If you want a sure ko give him Big Nog or Mir, if they want to give him a test than Barnett or Gonzaga would be fitting.
I love a good comeback story so I hope you're right. I agree his next opponent should be one of the four you mentioned.

BobsyaUncle is online now   Reply With Quote