Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:58 AM   #21
WalkenWouldOwn
WHAT YEAR IS IT?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelAngus1 View Post
Cerrone did not show up at all against Nate. And Nate is not a much better fighter. It's arguable whether or not he's even a better fighter. Cerrone was not himself at all during their fight. Go rewatch the fight; he looked drained and listless from the very beginning. I don't know if it was the result of a bad weight cut (I think Cerrone should fight at 170, but that's just me) or something else, but that was the worst I've seen Cerrone look.
The Diaz bros style has done that to a lot of people though.... Jim Miller looked like shit against Nate too, it's not easy to get a rhythm going when you're getting punched in the face repeatedly from the opening bell.

I'm not saying that was the best version of Cerrone out there, but I think Diaz deserves some credit for punching the shit out of his face.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:01 AM   #22
RaZoRAndrew
Legendary

vCash: 50
I think can really Win this, but Donald could easily just kick him all night as well. Miller needs to mix the striking into takedowns.

PRIDE Fighting Championships Forever
WEC Forever
Live your dreams

"We are all one"

MODS! Change my name to Legendary
RaZoRAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:02 AM   #23
RaZoRAndrew
Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAN PARTRIDGE View Post
Gold.

PRIDE Fighting Championships Forever
WEC Forever
Live your dreams

"We are all one"

MODS! Change my name to Legendary
RaZoRAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:03 AM   #24
Oleg Salenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futureal View Post
What's wrong with that? I don't think it's a particularly unrealistic prediction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkenWouldOwn View Post
Pat Healy and Nate Diaz both subbed him recently... is it that crazy? Not many people in the game better at hurting you with strikes and finishing with a sub... I can definitely see it happening.
Come on fellas, Miller is a great grappler and notoriously hard to finish. I agree that "not many people in the game better at hurting you with strikes and finishing with a sub." Cowboy is great at that. And it could happen. But I sure don't see it as the most likely outcome.

Oleg Salenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:04 AM   #25
dawnignited

Black Belt

Aside from Nate, Jim's losses were largely due to getting outwrestled and outmuscled. I think he absolutely has a chance at winning if he stays in Cerrone's face and can keep his foot on the gas for five rounds.

dawnignited is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:09 AM   #26
WalkenWouldOwn
WHAT YEAR IS IT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Salenko View Post
Come on fellas, Miller is a great grappler and notoriously hard to finish. I agree that "not many people in the game better at hurting you with strikes and finishing with a sub." Cowboy is great at that. And it could happen. But I sure don't see it as the most likely outcome.
Yes, Miller is a great grappler. So is Cerrone..

He could do what he did to Oliviera and pull a sub out of his ass for the upset. Or he could get caught like he did vs. Healy and Diaz. I wouldn't be all that shocked by either outcome.

Picking Cerrone by decision though.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:16 AM   #27
Oleg Salenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkenWouldOwn View Post
Yes, Miller is a great grappler. So is Cerrone..

He could do what he did to Oliviera and pull a sub out of his ass for the upset. Or he could get caught like he did vs. Healy and Diaz. I wouldn't be all that shocked by either outcome.

Picking Cerrone by decision though.
I don't see him subbing a cognisant Miller from his back at all. And he is seldom on top. He even apologized for attempting a takedown his last fight. He has to hurt Miller which is very difficult in itself.

Oleg Salenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:34 AM   #28
Futureal

Brown Belt

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Salenko View Post
In a 5-round fight (I expect it to get to the 4th or 5th) I think it's very likely that they'll end up grappling at some point, and I expect Cowboy to get the best of it. Hope I'm wrong, though. Miller is difficult to sub and Lauzon couldn't do it so it will definitely be tough.

Futureal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:41 AM   #29
jmadtx

Black Belt

vCash: 1950
i bet some vcash on miller if that counts.

jmadtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:18 PM   #30
superkal

Orange Belt

vCash: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloEmperor View Post
you know with cowboy and joe lauzon, they could show up and win via whatever dominance, or they could not show up and lose via ass kicked badly. Most of the time they both show up ,but correct me if i'm wrong Cerrone is due for a not showing up performance. ...
qft.

You just f***ing jynxed him, but you're right, he's due. Still, money is on Cowboy!

superkal is offline   Reply With Quote