Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:01 PM   #51
egk

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightfan84 View Post
That's because of all the statements jones has said about fighting gus after the glover fight and how he promised it to the fans and also how they build gus last fight as win and get title shot fight, also DC is hurt and he knows the turn around will take a while, not really that surprising man,
So why was DC still begging for the fight AFTER he beat Hendo then? DC has talked a lot of shit calling Jones out. Now he's like "ohh, Gus is first in line..." As for DC being hurt, everyone has issues. He's 35yrs old. If he had major ACL surgery he'd probably be history like Dom Cruz.

egk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:03 PM   #52
osudude
Correct nomenclature belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashmir View Post
DC ducking Jones ducking Gus ducking Vitor ... bro
Duckception.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:05 PM   #53
fightfan84

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by egk View Post
So why was DC still begging for the fight AFTER he beat Hendo then? DC has talked a lot of shit calling Jones out. Now he's like "ohh, Gus is first in line..." As for DC being hurt, everyone has issues. He's 35yrs old. If he had major ACL surgery he'd probably be history like Dom Cruz.
because anyone who fights in the ufc wants to fight for the belt lol, and yea hes getting his knee scooped to see if it needs surgery, either way he will need time to heal up before fighting for the belt, definitiely the smart move, like you said hes 35 he might only get one chance to fight for the belt why not do it at 100%?

fightfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:12 PM   #54
spid3yo

vCash: 6000
Quote:
No it wasn't, it was DC telling us how HIS body feels, yet your trying to tell him until he sees a dr that's BS
You don't seem to grasp basic reading comprehension. I'll try to make it simple:

-TS can't figure out why Jones is calling out DC
-His reason is because DC needs surgery
-Truth is he hasn't seen the Doctor yet and we don't know that
-He insists anyways
-You come running in to take your shots at Jones and his fans without reading

Hope they ain't fucking you and making you they ball-player
spid3yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:14 PM   #55
egk

Black Belt

Quote:
because anyone who fights in the ufc wants to fight for the belt lol, and yea hes getting his knee scooped to see if it needs surgery, either way he will need time to heal up before fighting for the belt, definitiely the smart move, like you said hes 35 he might only get one chance to fight for the belt why not do it at 100%?
Yeah, I get that but then if he KNEW about these health issues, why was he constantly running his mouth and practically begging Jones to give him the fight instead of Gus? The reports are saying he's had these issues for a long time, even in the lead up to fighting Hendo.

I find all this stuff to be pretty ridiculous to be honest. I think this deal is all about control. Jones has been pissed at the UFC since Dana threw him under the bus blaming him for that cancelled PPV when Hendo got hurt. Instead of the UFC fessing up to putting on a totally shit card, they blamed it on Jones for not fighting Chael on a week's notice. The UFC sheep blame Jones for that too. Then the same people turn around and bash him for later fights with supposed MW's, Sonnen and Vitor which the UFC put together.

All this manufactured drama is turning me off from the UFC. It's like watching professional wrestling drama.

egk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:15 PM   #56
fightfan84

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by spid3yo View Post
You don't seem to grasp basic reading comprehension. I'll try to make it simple:

-He insists anyways
no I can read, and I consider myself a fan of jones thanks tho
While DC doesn't know for 100% if he needs surgery, most fans, and jones himself knows DC has stated that it may be an option. So clearly jones knows the injury on his knee is bad enough that its going to take some time to get better
Not hard to figure out bud but thanks for trying

Old 06-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #57
fightfan84

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by egk View Post
Yeah, I get that but then if he KNEW about these health issues, why was he constantly running his mouth and practically begging Jones to give him the fight instead of Gus? The reports are saying he's had these issues for a long time, even in the lead up to fighting Hendo.

I find all this stuff to be pretty ridiculous to be honest. I think this deal is all about control. Jones has been pissed at the UFC since Dana threw him under the bus blaming him for that cancelled PPV when Hendo got hurt. Instead of the UFC fessing up to putting on a totally shit card, they blamed it on Jones for not fighting Chael on a week's notice. The UFC sheep blame Jones for that too. Then the same people turn around and bash him for later fights with supposed MW's, Sonnen and Vitor which the UFC put together.

All this manufactured drama is turning me off from the UFC. It's like watching professional wrestling drama.

Man, I couldn't agree more with you there
Whoever he fights hopefully its sooner than later really, theres clearly interest for both fights, personally I would rather see the Gus fight first

Old 06-04-2014, 01:25 PM   #58
ZapatasGuns
Gun Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rational Poster View Post
What would you guys do if Hendricks decided he wasn't going to fight anyone else but GSP?
How is that the same? Not very a very rational post.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:30 PM   #59
Queue

Green Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid3yo View Post

-He insists anyways
You sure do love twisting words.

Queue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:50 PM   #60
Rational Poster

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapatasGuns View Post
How is that the same? Not very a very rational post.
GSP is injured with no ETA on return.

Sure it's not exactly the same, but it's a similar situation.

Calling out an injured fighter just doesn't make any sense no matter how long they may be out.

Rational Poster is offline   Reply With Quote