Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:29 PM   #1
MurrDawg

Yellow Belt

vCash: 500
Fertitta Brothers and Dana

I'll start by saying that up until recently I've been a big fan of Dana White and what he's done and brought to the sport but as of late his bully antics IMO could really hurt the UFC badly.
The thought of losing Melendez, tearing down your PPV king in GSP, or shunning a popular HW in Overeem in a thin division is crazy to me. Yes, the UFC is king of the hill but it is also important to feel appreciated where you work. I'm a coach by trade and the days of old school yelling and barking are over. Today's athlete is much more intelligent and if you constantly berate to try to motivate you are just going to do the opposite and turn them against you.
Dana has to tone down his act and a little bit more like Lorenzo and although it won't make for controversial mma stories, not talk thru the media and air his dirty laundry but rather talk to these guys like men and not slaves.
In conclusion, if I were the Fertitta's I'd be very concerned on what is starting to transpire here. They're giving Bellator the opening and chance they were looking for as unlike the Alvarez situation where the they wore the black hat they've come in looking like angels to upcoming UFC free agents and unlike a few months ago where it was unheard of switching there it is starting to sound good where you'll get paid well by Viacom and treated well instead of being string armed by Dana.
Your thoughts fellow sherdoggers

MurrDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:29 PM   #2
Norther**
Banned

LOL @ anyone whos a fan of Diana "PearlNecklace" White

Norther** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:03 PM   #3
swing1st

Orange Belt

Dana white definitely needs to do a better job of keeping his comments to himself. He wont dare say 1/2 the stuff he says in front of the fighters face.

swing1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:05 PM   #4
MikeEhrmantraut
No Half Measures

vCash: 50
"B-b-but he's just a promoter, doing his job"

Breaking Bad is the G.O.A.T.
MikeEhrmantraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:18 PM   #5
Bollman

Brown Belt

I imagine that the brothers may be inclined to have him pull back if/when he starts to cost them money, lots of money. There's no direct evidence that suggest that with Dana as president Zuffa has been damaged in any way.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:55 PM   #6
jmk1502

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bollman View Post
I imagine that the brothers may be inclined to have him pull back if/when he starts to cost them money, lots of money. There's no direct evidence that suggest that with Dana as president Zuffa has been damaged in any way.
This. As with anything else, anywhere, it's all about the money. The Fertitta Bro's surely don't give a rat's ass what anyone says about Dana, them, or the UFC. They're set for life, and small peoples' blathering (that would be us on sherdog and those like us) is of no consequence to them.

JDS, Faber, Mighty Mouse, Jacare, Gus, Big Rig, Josh Thomson, Faber, DC

DC will be the next LHW champ
jmk1502 is online now   Reply With Quote