Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:33 AM   #21
Lito Lapida

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Floyd's PPV per fight = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
the fight itself, boring(except the last one)

Lito Lapida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:21 PM   #22
Mikedh

Red Belt

They do the same amount that they have for years. The free TV product is much better than in the past though when it was just six fight nights a year filled with TUF alumns.

Mikedh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:26 PM   #23
JKS

Titanium Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaRousey View Post
Anyone else feel this way?

It seems like the UFC is putting so much PPV's out there that so many PPV's this year (and recent years) aren't worth buying (although, to be fair, there have been quite a bit of big injury pullouts this year, e.g. Jones vs. Cormier and Jones vs. Gustaffson 2).

I have no complains about getting free cards, which I (and we should highly) appreciate from the Uncle Dana. However, I think overall, I have enjoyed the free cards more than the PPV's this year.

But, that's just my 2 cents.
Better cards, but less expansion.

Wand
Shogun
Nog(s)
Anderson
Dos Santos
Sergei
Vitor
Barnett
Aldo
Jacare
Erick Silva
JKS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:27 PM   #24
goodfella69
Sherdog's White Knight

vCash: 50
with so many events these days, the talent is too evenly spread. guys like jacare, mousasi, bader, osp, bisping, cung, Woodley, dhk, bendo, rda, etc. they are carrying the non-PPV cards.

it's a trade-off. I love free mma, but when it comes time to pay 55 bucks for 5 fights, I want top-10 fighters in every fight. with 2 injuries (not even injuries to fighters on that specific card), a PPV event can be RUINED. the UFC is thinking a little bigger than "what does goodfella69 from sherdog.net want?" despite the fact that I've paid for every PPV since UFC 39. I want the company to grow, but i'm going to consider skipping a PPV for the first time in 12 years. "business is business," and that goes for the consumer too.

"Jefferson, the man's won more Superbowls than I've had good days..."
~ Al Bundy, speaking about Terry Bradshaw
goodfella69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:12 PM   #25
chitoortiz

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfella69 View Post
with so many events these days, the talent is too evenly spread. guys like jacare, mousasi, bader, osp, bisping, cung, Woodley, dhk, bendo, rda, etc. they are carrying the non-PPV cards.

it's a trade-off. I love free mma, but when it comes time to pay 55 bucks for 5 fights, I want top-10 fighters in every fight. with 2 injuries (not even injuries to fighters on that specific card), a PPV event can be RUINED. the UFC is thinking a little bigger than "what does goodfella69 from sherdog.net want?" despite the fact that I've paid for every PPV since UFC 39. I want the company to grow, but i'm going to consider skipping a PPV for the first time in 12 years. "business is business," and that goes for the consumer too.
I agree 100% Although I checked out from buying PPV's a long time ago. I used to buy them all. You're right though...the PPV's need to be stacked with top 10-15 fighters on every fight.

This upcoming PPV is awful. Out of the 10 main card fighters...you could argue only Barao and Dillashaw should be on a main card (maybe Castillo/Ferguson as well).

Shayna Baszler?
Bethe Correira?
Ramsey Nijem?
Ruslan Magomedov?
Richards Odoms?
Carlos Diego Ferreira?

for $60??

Old 08-15-2014, 02:16 PM   #26
TheLoneWolf527

Blue Belt

Less pay-per-view? No. Well maybe one or two less. But it's mainly the crappy Fight Pass shows that have 10 pointless fights and a decent main event. Even if you have 20 of those kinds of shows, that's 20 fights that can either be on Fox or pay-per-view that aren't

TheLoneWolf527 is offline   Reply With Quote