Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:07 PM   #41
JudoThrowFiasco

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigj383 View Post
You know how shallow a 25 person division is. Hell it would be easy to follow but it would also cause the UFC to miss a lot of fucking talent.
Bring in new talent to replace the bottom 5 every 4-6 months.

Have ppv's strictly for top 20 guys.

Develop a "feeder" organization in which developing talent can rise up from. use that on fight pass and UFN cards. Make it a zuffa owned wec v 2.0

There's ways to bring in new talent without having 80 people in a division.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:17 PM   #42
nintey

Purple Belt

A minor league and minor league cards would help a lot in my opinion. Small cards filled with lesser known up and coming fighters, they have to win 3 in a row to get into the ufc. They have little introductions about these fighters, let you get to know them a bit, watch them rise through the ranks. Meanwhile freeing up big name fighters to make more stacked cards.

This way people aren't thinking "who the fuck are these people I just want to see the main even with people I actually know!"

Of course this may hurt ticket sales and ratings at first but I think over all once it got started it'd work out. I think it'd be better for the fans anyway, maybe not sales right away but it would help them build stars and make ppvs people actually wanna buy.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:48 PM   #43
EndlessCritic

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Rossi View Post
That's almost a job.
It feels like for some people on this forum, their job is whining about how watered down cards are.

EndlessCritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:25 PM   #44
Francis Rossi
Here's a song for ya

vCash: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessCritic View Post
It feels like for some people on this forum, their job is whining about how watered down cards are.
The cards they only stream anyway.

XBL: francisrossi
PSN: mistersting
Steam: johnafirth

How is babby formed?
Francis Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:05 PM   #45
Lethal_Striker

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintey View Post
A minor league and minor league cards would help a lot in my opinion. Small cards filled with lesser known up and coming fighters, they have to win 3 in a row to get into the ufc. They have little introductions about these fighters, let you get to know them a bit, watch them rise through the ranks. Meanwhile freeing up big name fighters to make more stacked cards.

This way people aren't thinking "who the fuck are these people I just want to see the main even with people I actually know!"

Of course this may hurt ticket sales and ratings at first but I think over all once it got started it'd work out. I think it'd be better for the fans anyway, maybe not sales right away but it would help them build stars and make ppvs people actually wanna buy.
Isn't that essentially what they're doing now just all under the UFC banner?