Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:38 PM   #181
jban

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMouse View Post
lol why the hate of the same day weigh ins?

dont have time to rehydrate? then fight at a weight class were you perform your best as possible while being lean as possible
I agree. Do not see why people hate the same day weigh in. I found it ridiculous when i read last month that Hyun Gyu Lim, who is 6 foot 3, has a reach of 79 inches, gained back almost 30 pounds in his fight against Saffiedine, and was close to 200 pounds fight night. Even Saffiedine told Ariel Helwani that he could not believe how big Lim was inside the cage. Guy was a damn near LHW, fighting at 170. Same thing when Rumble was at WW fighting Charlie Brenneman and Yoshida. It was like a difference of two weight classes. Same day weigh ins are the way to go. I do not know why people hate this idea.

jban is offline   Reply With Quote