Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #31
HIMBOB

Gold Belt

vCash: 18490
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO68 View Post
From watching the gif, it looked like that came after the ref had already pushed Scoggins back. It's much easier to do something when the other fighter has stopped.
Can you post up the gif?

If you watch Vas's legs while Scoggins has backmount Vas is clearly moving his legs around to the cage, as soon as he gets one leg on the cage he pushes against it and bucks Scoggins off and thats when the fight got stopped.

Also it wasn't like it was it was heavy GnP (Vas was standing up and complaining about the stoppage before scoggins had even got up), so my guess is the ref stopped it because he incorrectly thought Vas was not doing anything to get out of that position. He of course was but perceival didn't notice it, so I presume he hasn't grappled much on the ground at all.

I personally escaped like that dozens of times when I fist started training, but I have now stopped doing it because its so easy that it feels kind of cheap and its best not to assume you will always have a wall near you (and never will in a BJJ comp).

Never forget the freedom fry!!!
HIMBOB is offline   Reply With Quote