Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #31
Cleveland
Sherdog Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWTRIDDUM View Post
Not going to name any names, but a fairly well known fighter told me alot of fighters are just using really high doses of that testosterone gel called androgel. Said some of them are using 10X the recommended dosages.

They rub the stuff all over their body post training to recover everyday from training, and said they will never test positive because the stuff clears the system in less than a day
That's a pretty large claim to not be substantiated...

However this stuff is crazy, I'd never heard of it. Apparently persons undergoing gender changes will self medicate with it. Testosterone seems more and ore to be a leading edge solution.

MW - Wanderlei
WW - Mach
LW - Pulver
BW - Faber
Cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #32
BigDawg1984

White Belt

Need to explian a bit more TS

BigDawg1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #33
Cleveland
Sherdog Belt

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/1...d-testosterone

I feel Bens test is extremely relevant to this thread. It's important to note here that Ben was popped for the actual test levels.
It would be interesting to know what the level and ratios were though as "elevated" would have to exceed the 1200 ng/dl no?

I'm still stunned that TRT users are allowed to hit the upper limits of the normal range as a part of their "therapy"

Cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:37 AM   #34
Bokelj

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland View Post
Depending on the variance of that gene, your intake of synthetic testosterone will not actually result in a skewed t/e ratio. It will remain flat at 1:1. And it's not a freak genetic trait, it's actually extremely common in Asian populations.

So Alistair was busted for going 14:1, where as someone with the correct variant will come out 1:1 taking as much or more testosterone. Which is why carbon isotope testing (the expensive kind no ac does) is the only way to ensure there isn't synthetic testosterone in the system.

Apologies to anyone who knew/knows this my fiancee is in med school and I've started using her to get more insight into doping and regulation in sport.
Cool explanation TS, did not know that.

~ Mark Twain
Bokelj is offline   Reply With Quote