Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #11
ALAN PARTRIDGE

Red Belt

vCash: 0
who cares GSP won.......... Woop

Old 11-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #12
MilesAbove

Brown Belt

vCash: 901
I can tell you right now that NOBODY investigates formally in Vegas. The whole thing is highly political. That said, I would not go so far as to claim outright corruption. At least not by the UFC or Zuffa or even the athletic commission in charge of appointing these individuals.

If there is corruption, it is much more akin to the NBA situation. Individuals can be gotten to. There are likely judges who wager and bet and get involved with debt in one way or another... and a quick 29-28 score when given the opportunity could really help a judge out of a sticky financial situation.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:30 PM   #13
MadMardigain

Blue Belt

vCash: 483
TS, I see it as much less about the judges and more of a product of a bad scoring system that doesn't do enough to accurately show which fighter is ahead on each criteria, is not clear enough for the judges to understand (especially when many still transfers from the boxing world), and is still stuck ensuring almost every round is 10-9 regardless of how much one fighter established his round dominance. Clear that up and in most cases the judges take a lot less flack.

MadMardigain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:13 PM   #14
CSA08

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
So which judges last night need to be investigated? Just the two that voted for GSP? If so, what did they do to require investigation considering that, aside from a single round, their scorecards matched the third judge. How was it that these judges even need to be looked into for something improper?

CSA08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #15
Junior Cigano

vCash: 459
I remember reading the judge who gave Melendez the fight against Henderson was associated with Melendez's gym.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:21 PM   #16
Jebi Se

Orange Belt

The judges should be investigated as there was definitely something wrong with last nights decision.

I hope the ufc adopts their own judging/rules, it can't be much worse than now.

Jebi Se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #17
CSA08

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebi Se View Post
The judges should be investigated as there was definitely something wrong with last nights decision.

I hope the ufc adopts their own judging/rules, it can't be much worse than now.
Then I pose my rhetorical question to you. What about last night deserved investigation? Which judges needed investigating? The only difference on any scorecard was the first round. So if you say the GSP voting judges need investigating, then you also say the third judge needs to be investigated as well since his judging was 99% the same as his two associates. Their only differing opinion was a single round that everyone who has not shown bias has said could have gone either way.

How is any of that worthy of investigation?

CSA08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #18
Stillhere

Yellow Belt

this sport is reg.. BY the Government lol anything with the government is a joke.. WORLDWIDE

Stillhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:51 AM   #19
Tang Hermit

Blue Belt

To Jimmy Tuna- Thanks for the info!

Tang Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote