Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:01 AM   #351
Denver Dan

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Nothing is wrong, as long as you are cool with beer guts, neck beards, and children.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:55 AM   #352
Arkain2K
Si vis pacem, para bellum

vCash: 1626
Well, men generally outgrow pro wrestling when we're no longer teenage boys, and it's only a problem if its viewer actually consider it to be a legitimate sport.

I Survived "TPF 10: Let the Stream Fail".
Arkain2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:42 PM   #353
TitoViaGNP

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Renaissance View Post
Haha, brilliant isn't it.
I'm sure fucking a dog is harder than fucking a chick. I know which I'd prefer to do on a regular basis.

WWE is not a sport. That all there is to it.

I loved the post above about MMA fighters not being able to rule the roost in WWE due to having no microphone skills. I'm sure they're devastated that they can't secure a role in 'Eastenders' also, due to their poor acting skills.
I'm sure most mma fighter would jump to wwe if Vince would take them. More money dawg. Wwe is more popular than mma. Theres more money in it.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=842398815 add me. fellow MMA fans
TitoViaGNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:33 PM   #354
Shaddows

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRuck1980 View Post
Pride's entire presentation was pro wrestling inspired. It even had pro wrestlers competing in it and people to this day loved the production and spectacle of it
I don't disagree with it.
But then again, much of the "hate" on Fedor and his record were exactly due to the "freak-shows" they put.

And let us also not discuss the fact that Pride died exactly because people thought the fights to be fixed (WWE style).

Like I said, at the beginning, I understood the reason. WWE was the closest thing to MMA.
So they use the same style and went for their fans.

But the UFC started for a different purpose, and I don't think that trash-talk should be part of it (Like Sonnen did).

Let storylines and trash-talk in the WWE.
Keep guys like Weidman, Machida, etc. They do not need trash talk to become popular.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:50 PM   #355
hoyle1911

Brown Belt

I don't have a problem with it. I outgrew WWF/WWE as an adult, but I understand that people still love it.

What's funny are the so-called "purists" who ignore the history of PW and MMA. Pancrase, Shooto and Pride piggybacked off of pro wrestling, answering the "what-if" question of Japanese wrestling stars fighting for real. Think about Sakuraba. The UFC is only popular because PW fans on Spike were a lead-in to TUF. We should be grateful that pro wrestling made MMA popularity possible, instead of showing resentment.

The MMA hipsterism makes no sense to me, considering how much PW and MMA are intertwined. If you're going to be an elitist asshole, at the very least be accurate with MMA history.

hoyle1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:36 AM   #356
CRuck1980

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddows View Post
I don't disagree with it.
But then again, much of the "hate" on Fedor and his record were exactly due to the "freak-shows" they put.

And let us also not discuss the fact that Pride died exactly because people thought the fights to be fixed (WWE style).

Like I said, at the beginning, I understood the reason. WWE was the closest thing to MMA.
So they use the same style and went for their fans.

But the UFC started for a different purpose, and I don't think that trash-talk should be part of it (Like Sonnen did).

Let storylines and trash-talk in the WWE.
Keep guys like Weidman, Machida, etc. They do not need trash talk to become popular.
WWE does not fix fights because the matches are not presented to be real, only theater.

When Zuffa bought the UFC, Dana stated they wanted to combine the entertainment value of Wrestling with the legit competition of boxing

I FINISH THREADS!!!!

Don't be Socially Anxious Homie!
CRuck1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:44 AM   #357
Donny White

It's okay as long as you respect the catch wrestling ability of Bret Hart.

Donny White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:28 AM   #358
Megatronlee

Purple Belt

Jealousy

Megatronlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:32 AM   #359
Kotoamatsukami

Green Belt

Absolutely nothing.

And if you think something is wrong with being a WWE fan: hey dip-shit, it's called an opinion. I think Harry Potter is crap, but that doesn't mean I go out of my way to insult Harry Potter fans like you wankers always calling WWE fans "neckbeard, pre-pubescent" or whatever.

WW: Lim | DHK | Mein
LW: Thomson | Melendez
FW: Kawajiri | TKZ | Hioki
BW: Brimage | Kang
FlW: McCall | Horiguchi
Kotoamatsukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:48 AM   #360
MaveDeltzer

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Dan View Post
Nothing is wrong, as long as you are cool with beer guts, neck beards, and children.
The kids have plenty of guts.

MaveDeltzer is online now   Reply With Quote