Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:38 AM   #21
0vary hugger
Banned

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallySueSo View Post
My understanding is that Cummings never would've happened if it wasn't for heir relationship in the past. There is no real beef between Chael and DC, so the Cumming's match-up is an easier sell and there is a back story to it that fans can grab on to and be interested in.
They would have to be some stupid ass fans to buy into that shit.

0vary hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:00 AM   #22
Spindrift0036

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
Chael or ... WHO ?

Win / lose , McMann will always be my favorite. WAR McMann

My new favorite site : http://fuckyeahginacarano.tumblr.com/
Spindrift0036 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:15 AM   #23
Sherm

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey Mick View Post
Wish rumble would have replaced rashad.
That would have been a great idea.

I think Chael would be a better draw than Cummins for the event itself, but then Chael's last shreds of credibility as both a fighter and analyst would have been obliterated. He would have gotten steamrolled.

Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:34 PM   #24
DLX

Purple Belt

Location: DUCKING Vitor with the rest of the human population.
Some of you guys just don't get it...

They're trying to build Cormier up as a contender because they're trying to set up Cormier vs Jones. Does simply beating Cummins make him a threat to the title? No. However, if he does beat Cummins, and LOOK GOOD doing it (added to the fact that he has been dominant at heavyweight), they could probably give him another winnable fight, and set up the fight against Jones in the future (Because let's just be honest, Jones is gonna destroy his next opponents).

Jones vs Cormier is the biggest promotable fight besides Gus II they can make at light heavy-weight. And if you don't think Jones vs Cormier is a better and more competitive fight then Jones/Davis, Jones/Rashad, or Jones/Johnson, then you're just retarded. And I care care how politically incorrect I'm being, you are a retard and that is fact.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:41 PM   #25
sportkillergreg

Green Belt

vCash: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by hto63 View Post
did you see Chael's last fights? Aside from getting lucky on Shogun's neck, obviously.
Which shouldn't be entirely discredited but isn't that relevant to the Cormier fight. At least with Cummings there is the X factor, being a complete unknown that he might be able to win, unlike Chael. And a great underdog story.
getting lucky? This is so annoying reading this from sherdoggers. I don't understand why when a fighter is disliked, everything he does gets discredited and I've seen it a lot against Chael. Chael destroyed Shogun. It was domination. He pulled guard to submit a jiu-jitsu black belt and former light heavy weight champion in the first round. FACT. No matter how you try to justify it or explain it, it happened and Chael deserves credit for it.

It's like the Anderson Silva fans that say Weidman got lucky against Anderson twice, but when it comes to Anderson getting a submission in the 5th round against Chael after getting hit 300 times or the fact that in their second fight Anderson hit a guy that slipped and was on his butt with his back in the cage, there was no luck involved at all. Nothing but skills from Anderson

Old 02-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #26
Goreds1994

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherm View Post
That would have been a great idea.

I think Chael would be a better draw than Cummins for the event itself, but then Chael's last shreds of credibility as both a fighter and analyst would have been obliterated. He would have gotten steamrolled.
Come on now, on a weeks notice? Rumble probably weighs about 280 right now lol.

Goreds1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:24 PM   #27
hto63

Brown Belt

vCash: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportkillergreg View Post
getting lucky? This is so annoying reading this from sherdoggers. I don't understand why when a fighter is disliked, everything he does gets discredited and I've seen it a lot against Chael. Chael destroyed Shogun. It was domination. He pulled guard to submit a jiu-jitsu black belt and former light heavy weight champion in the first round. FACT. No matter how you try to justify it or explain it, it happened and Chael deserves credit for it.

It's like the Anderson Silva fans that say Weidman got lucky against Anderson twice, but when it comes to Anderson getting a submission in the 5th round against Chael after getting hit 300 times or the fact that in their second fight Anderson hit a guy that slipped and was on his butt with his back in the cage, there was no luck involved at all. Nothing but skills from Anderson
I didn't mean to discredit it completely, just saying that wasn't Shogun's best night obviously, seeing what it took when he lost against much better competition like Hendo, Gus, Machida or even Jones. And doesn't really mean we should expect Chael to put up a better fight than Cummins against Cormier. If you want to see how Chael would do against Cormier watch the Jones or Rashad fights again...but don't forget no proper training camp this time

hto63 is offline   Reply With Quote