Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:00 PM   #71
billo2007

Orange Belt

vCash: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomAndDarkness View Post
Pretty much. Or Roger Huerta. He's the beneficiary of favorable match making. The UFC has learned how to build these guys up. The problem is after the three years of building is up, the guy has to actually perform against an actual fighter. And then he loses. Again and again.

If the UFC just let guys rise to the top on their own instead of trying to manufacture superstars, they'd have much better luck.

The way they do it now just doesn't work. Eventually these guys have to fight actual fighters and they always choke in the end.

How did Silva choke? Silva has a alot of talent I can promise anyone that.
I seen him fight against Brown and he nearly KO a top 5. Brown is a fucking monster too.

Silva is going nowhere he is a popular fighter with fans, he is bordering on brilliant at times.
If I were to be forced to compare I would see Silva with Mcgregors gas tank would be top 5.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:30 PM   #72
DoomAndDarkness
Banned

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billo2007 View Post
How did Silva choke? Silva has a alot of talent I can promise anyone that.
I seen him fight against Brown and he nearly KO a top 5. Brown is a fucking monster too.

Silva is going nowhere he is a popular fighter with fans, he is bordering on brilliant at times.
If I were to be forced to compare I would see Silva with Mcgregors gas tank would be top 5.
Silva has fought three real fighters and he lost all three times. Anyone can look good against the guy Silva has looked good against because they were guys hand picked to make Silva look good.

DoomAndDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:58 PM   #73
eon001

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadWrite View Post
Cub Swanson @CubSwanson 3h

When he's not talking crap about me, I kinda like the kid lol

-

Ugh. Just when there was a great feud brewing, he kills it!
This is problem with Cub, Frankie, DJ, etc, they don't know how to sell themselves. You don't have to go full Chael, but ffs they need to stop with the buddy shit. Be honest, speak your mind like Frank Mir used to. Call guys out, stop with the cliched "I'll fight whoever Dana wants me to fight" bs.

eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:54 PM   #74
Dyson350

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by eon001 View Post
This is problem with Cub, Frankie, DJ, etc, they don't know how to sell themselves. You don't have to go full Chael, but ffs they need to stop with the buddy shit. Be honest, speak your mind like Frank Mir used to. Call guys out, stop with the cliched "I'll fight whoever Dana wants me to fight" bs.
What so if they aren't calling guys out or talking shit they aren't being honest??? Okaaaay

Dyson350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:28 PM   #75
Benoco

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGuillen View Post
Connor's momentum is too much right now to deal with Swanson. I think Swanson should fight Edgar for #1 contender next year while Connor fights winner of Aldo/Mendes at the end of the year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamaIronFist View Post
Is Dana going to feed Connor top 15 guys to groom him some more or he is going to initiate him to a top 10, top 5 guy?

Connor is like Erick Silva and Ryan Bader: he wipes the floor with the lower guys. Can't wait to see him against a Mendes or Edgar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldos View Post
Cub vs Connor, holy shit what a fight this would be. Probably one of the top 5 fights i would like to see. And i have no idea who would win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff7b9 View Post
Don't fear, "feuds" for the most part are manufactured anyway and Cub told someone with a camera today that Connor is "a nobody" and he "hasn't yet earned the right to speak my name".... So don't call off the feud just yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackonflame View Post
Connor is several wins away from a possible fight with Cub.

He just beat a late replacement Brandao who isn't even top 15.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Mandrake View Post
This Connor shit is getting irritating. He's an exiting fighter, but Cub's last six wins don't even belong in the same sentence (competition wise) as McGreggor's.
I agree, this Connor shit is getting irritating!