Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:26 PM   #61
Arkain2K
Si vis pacem, para bellum

vCash: 1904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toco View Post
oh he needs to be the referee cause hes the one that actually ALLOWS jj to be dirty?

who was the ref in the glover fight, THAT guy didnt allow, jj did like 2 times and he "in the next time im taking point" and then jj stop doing it
You ungrateful prick. We'd be seeing crab-walking Jones every fight if it wasn't for BJM.

I Survived "TPF 10: Let the Stream Fail".
Arkain2K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:31 PM   #62
MissyFu
Banned

vCash: 500
Jones just holds out his hand...it's his opponents who run eye-first into his fingers for some absurd reason.

MissyFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:19 PM   #63
happyfeethart

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetBerimbolo View Post
Eye-poking is legal for Jon Jones
12-6 elbows to the back of the head are legal for Travis Browne

special rules apply to special (promoted) fighters so no one except Cormier can stop it.

I just hope he can stop it.
Too bad Jon Jones didn't switch to the "legal 12-6 elbows" perk for that one fight or he would still be undefeated.

happyfeethart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:52 PM   #64
ermac88

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by J180 View Post
Big John On Jon Jones and Eye Pokes (06-22-2014)
“You’ll get fans saying, you know 'why are you not doing anything about that?' Well the reason that any referee is not doing anything, (is) there's no rule against what he's doing. As a matter of (fact), there's no rule that says a fight cannot have an open hand that’s extended towards their opponent. Now I’m not telling you (that) I like it. I don't like it and I think it needs to be changed"

“There’s nothing that we can do with the open hand. I can’t tell someone like Jon 'hey close your hand' when it comes out, and I'm gonna tell him, what I’m doing is, I‘m setting up the possibility of me taking a point off of his score card if that eye poke occurs. You know, because that’s when we do something. When the fingers goes in the eye there is a rule, no eye gouging. We can do something about that foul at that time. Now, most of the time it's done in a defence action, meaning Jon is backing up, he's got his hand extended, and (due to) the offensive actions of his opponent coming forward his finger goes in their eye.”

“Until they chance the rules and say 'you are not allowed to extend your hand in an open fashion, in any offensive situation', now if they put that rule in and Jon does it, we as a referee can say 'Jon close your hand now, and I’m warning you if you don't, if you put it out in the same fashion I'm gonna start taking points”

http://origin.forums.sherdog.com/for...nchez-2767123/

lol. Big John is not going to save your tears.
oops
LOL!

ermac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:08 AM   #65
TheGreenRanger

Green Belt

Why must he? He'll Jones once or twice, but never follow up on it.

Its almost like all the refs are told not to take a point away from him.

TheGreenRanger is offline   Reply With Quote