Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:17 AM   #221
mraa1

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by daweedy View Post
Yeah and that makes all the difference No wonder you have so much crime with this mentality. Chances of protecting yourself with a gun are slim, beacuse the robber almost always catches you of guard and is more prepared to pull the trigger.
But I do bealive that on the other hand, more people have the opportunity to commit crime who otherwise would not.
Thats why there are all these school shootings as well. Hell in my country you have almost zero chance to get a license for a gun. Very few criminals have firearms. You can get it illegally of course, but its very hard and you have to know your share of shady people. So its really hard.
And that is why we are 8 on the world safest list. Much better than USA which is on 100 - 120.
Just think about it. Those two idiots who shot all those kids at the Columbine school would never been able to get guns in my country. Would they stab everyvone instead? Did it help others that they are allowed have guns? I think they would just come out from puberty and their urges for killing would maybe stop. And voila disaster - prevented.
Wow only 8? what a shithole you live in. Buncha savages. My country is #2

mraa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:34 AM   #222
JKS

Titanium Belt

Aldo is the champ.....he had at least should have some say in where the fight goes. Mendes not so much.

Wand
Shogun
Nog(s)
Anderson
Dos Santos
Sergei
Vitor
Barnett
Aldo
Jacare
Erick Silva
JKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:33 PM   #223
HIMBOB

Gold Belt

vCash: 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saren View Post
If you can't see why the two takedowns were completely different, I'm sorry but you will never understand anything that goes against your favorite fighters.

Going for the same takedown after expending energy going for the initial one and having your opponent expecting it now makes a second takedown 100x harder to complete, and Mendes still completed it.

Don't worry, your delusion is still safe as long as Aldo is champ, just like your delusion regarding Barao was safe (until Dillashaw absolutely embarrassed him).
Why do you think i am an aldo fan? Something i said or it suits your argument?

The fence grab was dodgy but it is in no way the reason mendes lost.

Oh and 100 times....... you really want to be taken seriously?????

Never forget the freedom fry!!!
HIMBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:33 PM   #224
vicious01

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtwpg View Post
See if Swanson would like to fight in Brazil.

Yeah I agree this guy is getting annoying with his not wanting to fight in Brazil. If he really wants to be champion he will fight Aldo anywhere he is told to fight. He has not fought anybody that is good besides Nik Lentz who he had problems with. Cub would be a great choice or if not have Frankie Edgar fight Aldo I am sure he would like another shot at the champ. I believe that Mendes should fight either Cub or Edgar before he fights Aldo that way he proves he is worthy of title shot.

vicious01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:58 PM   #225
Tactitus

Brown Belt

He isn't in a position to be making demands but I can't blame anyone not wanting to go to Brazil.

Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:04 PM   #226
branchtan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saren View Post
I don't blame him. There's 0 incentive for a foreigner (particularly an American) to go to Brazil. There is zero possibility of winning over the crowd or winning new fans, you'll be hated regardless of your demeanor, you'll likely be insulted and threatened, you could have people pointing lasers in your eyes during the actual fight, and the shady "athletic commission" will be "lenient" on their own fighters. Not to mention all the taxes that will take away from your earnings.

I'm with Mendes on this one.
bigot is strong with this one

branchtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:07 PM   #227
TheVenom

Brown Belt

Aldo is the champ. Champs should be able to fight where they want.

HW: Fedor, Dos Santos, Nog
LHW: Shogun, AG
MW: Anderson Silva, Machida
WW: Condit, Kampmann, Diaz
LW: Diaz, Pettis, Cerrone
TheVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:32 PM   #228
lifelessheap

Purple Belt

Aldo pulled out of a scheduled fight and RUINED and cancelled an entire event. He screwed over every fighter on that card. He shouldn't dictate the location of the rematch and be rewarded for fucking over every fighter on a card.

lifelessheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:40 PM   #229
Shaddows

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelessheap View Post
Aldo pulled out of a scheduled fight and RUINED and cancelled an entire event. He screwed over every fighter on that card. He shouldn't dictate the location of the rematch and be rewarded for fucking over every fighter on a card.
1) Aldo didn't pull out because he didn't want to fight. He got injured. The UFC always checks injured fighters with their own doctors, to make sure it is real. If you don't know that by now, you should STFU and check.

2) Very dumb of you to think Aldo could simply pull out of the card "and RUIN & cancel an entire event" while "fucking over every fighter on a card". Actually, this is so stupid, that in that case, you could bet your house and yearly income that Dana would have some words for the media. He did not have a problem in doing so against Jon. I am sure he would not have any issues doing to a lesser draw either!

3) Oh! and Aldo never requested or lobbied the fight to happen in Brazil. Mendes is assuming it (or talking hypothetically).

Old 07-16-2014, 03:40 PM   #230
SherdogJoe

Blue Belt

I wouldn't think it was fair except that Also blatantly cheated the first time they fought.

SherdogJoe is online now   Reply With Quote