Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion > The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion Discuss The Ultimate Fighter reality show and Spike-related topics here.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #51
lakersfan45

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CELS View Post
Do you actually watch WNBA? Do they have better technique, or are they just more technical in terms of playing as a team, passing and defending?
I do watch wnba. And both. Women will get into the correct defensive stance, make the correct pass (ie bounce pass vs chest pass), square up when they shoot, shorten their dribble correctly ect. But like I said they are less athletic and slower so they have to do these things correctly

Old 10-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #52
CELS

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersfan45 View Post
I do watch wnba. And both. Women will get into the correct defensive stance, make the correct pass (ie bounce pass vs chest pass), square up when they shoot, shorten their dribble correctly ect. But like I said they are less athletic and slower so they have to do these things correctly
Interesting. Thanks.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #53
"Mata Leao"

Orange Belt

I think the girls are representing themselves very well but it is obvious that they are not on the same level technically as the guys. Some of the striking has been very low level and they are generally leaving a huge amount of space open when grappling.

"Mata Leao" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #54
"Mata Leao"

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersfan45 View Post
Basketball is mostly what I am basing it on so I may be incorrect to apply it widely.
Women's basketball is not more technically proficient than men's basketball. Not by a long shot.

"Mata Leao" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #55
DCsharkz

Blue Belt

I swear you guys are a bunch of crybaby's. Anything you can turn into an argument you will, well here we go.

I like college football and think it's more exciting at times because they're rookies and they go for those ridiculous plays that actually work sometimes!

I never said the women had more technique. They go out there and slug it out it's fun to watch. I've been watching UFC since the early 90's and watching these guys with lower end technique reminds me of the days when guys laid on their opponent to win a fight and that was considered amazing. MMA athletes have come a long way in their technique, and saying the guys are infinitely better is ridiculous because half the guys technique so far has been one sided in one area practically. The women at least try to tie their MMA together, even if they are sloppy in one area. They go out there and take risks that pay off. Yes they are sloppy, but they aren't stubborn. They're eager to learn and eager to get the win. Even if it means trying something they've only just learned.

DCsharkz is offline   Reply With Quote