Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-29-2013, 03:25 AM   #1
Jakeobrg

White Belt

vCash: 500
Chris Weidman

How long will his title reign last? He looked great against Anderson, and has been unstoppable for much of his UFC career. With challengers such as Belfort, Souza, and Machida in line he has a difficult road ahead. Can he keep the title? How long will he be do you think he will be champion?

Jakeobrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:41 AM   #2
fight4god

Green Belt

I mean I'm sure he could beat any of those guys, but the odds of him getting through them all without a hitch are slim.
But he could pull a Jon Jones and go through a murders row and look better every fight.

Old 12-29-2013, 03:43 AM   #3
Rush520

Orange Belt

He can hang with and beat them all. However, each of those opponents has elite skills that could win them the fight at any time as well. Looking forward to them all.

Rush520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #4
neverwas

Purple Belt

vCash: 366
I have a nasty feeling that the belt is gonna change hands a lot. It seems to me that every body at m/w trained to beat Anderson and that's it. They all have the same skill set,so will all have the same flaws. Maybe vitor knocks off Weismann,but then he's got to fight machida,and he's a horrible match up for everyone at m/w.

They say you are what you eat, but I don't remember eating fucking awesome!
neverwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #5
Ginwho

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverwas View Post
I have a nasty feeling that the belt is gonna change hands a lot. It seems to me that every body at m/w trained to beat Anderson and that's it. They all have the same skill set,so will all have the same flaws. Maybe vitor knocks off Weismann,but then he's got to fight machida,and he's a horrible match up for everyone at m/w.
My exact thoughts. Vitor will defeat Weidman, but I give Machida the edge over Vitor.

Although Mousassi vS Machida could be a war!

The MW division will be unpredictable and exciting. My best to Anderson, but even if he reclaimed the belt last night, he would not have held it much longer.

The ever improving Vitor (will not lose in Brazil except maybe to Machida), Machida. Souza, Mousassi, and Kennedy are beasts at 185.

Looking forward to seeing the dust settle @ 185 MW and 170 WW..!

Ginwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #6
R.I.O.T

Green Belt

No matter how long he did one thing everyone before could not. TWICE. In a brutal fashion