Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:32 AM   #61
411dd

Red Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolandabecool View Post
What could of been within the context of the fight isn't relevant. Through Anderson's reign in the UFC he faced 10 fighters based in grappling & he handled all of them until he eventually lost 7 years later .

If we look at the LHW & MW rankings from 2010 for instance we see [From 1st to 5th]:

LHW: Shogun, Lyoto, Rashad, Quinton, Forrest.
MW: Anderson, Sonnen, Shields, Marquardt & Henderson.

The number one ranked fighter has been defeated by two of the top five in the smaller division. Lyoto & Rashad fought SD's against No.5 ranked Henderson. Forrest was defeated by Anderson.

If we go to 2007 [From 1-5]:

LHW:Rampage, Dan Henderson, Wand, Shogun Rua, Chuck Liddell
MW:Anderson Silva, Rich Franklin, Thales Leites, Nate the Great, Yushin Okami

The mediocre fighter 'Franklin' has wins over two of the LHW top 5. Anderson Silva handled Henderson who was [No.2] during this 'weak' period.

There is a difference between perception and fact.
Lyoto beat the man Silva beat to become champ in only his 3rd pro fight, and not only fought above his natural weightclass unlike silva, because of his friend silva, but didn't get an easy titleshot like silva. He effectively "defended his belt" before he became champ, unlike silva who was gifted a titleshot, and then beat the man machida already beat. Because mma is an unorganized "sport", where the bosses and matchmakers make the fights not the ranking of fighters, MMA accomplishments are more preception than fact. And besides all that, if machida beats weidman, he will have accmplishd something that silva hasn't, becoming a 2 division champ.

411dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:33 AM   #62
MasterNinjaRat

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killme View Post
Yourself*

Why do you have to be insulting???? what is wrong with you?

anyway...

" just because he didnt hold the belt doesnt mean he wouldnt have won it given the chance"

Because anything other than what did happen is make believe? I don't care about your "opinion" on what he might or might of done, lets work with the fact MasterNinjaRat?
I wasnt insulting you my friend, i meant that you should stop saying stupid things to not look stupid and i apologize that english is not the language that i speak with other people from my country, and sorry also for making a spelling mistake, it seems to be a big deal since you knew what i was saying anyway.

Yes lets work with the fact that Anderson actually did win the shooto middleweight belt (which weight is equilavent to ufc welterweight). Like it or not Anderson is the best fighter of all time and both of our opinions doesnt change that.
So give me fact that proves that wrong, Killme

MasterNinjaRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:38 AM   #63
silvasurfer5253

Blue Belt

Bro,

Silva went from 2006-2012 with out being defeated.

Let's see the DRAGON win the title, take out a few guys, before we enter this discussion.

silvasurfer5253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:00 AM   #64
Killme

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterNinjaRat View Post
. Like it or not Anderson is the best fighter of all time and both of our opinions doesnt change that.
So give me fact that proves that wrong, Killme
Actually i did not say Lyoto Machida was better, so i will hold the fact... I said if he took the middleweight title belt off Chris weidman, the man who took out Anderson silva.

I mean.. we can argue if Anderson is the best of all time, but that would derail the thread into me owning you ass on why Fedor is better

Killme is offline   Reply With Quote