Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 06-06-2014, 03:05 PM   #11
Hardkore

Brown Belt

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by VPofAtheism View Post
Please stop, I have literally listened to every JRE podcast and there are numerous topics that he has an extensive knowledge. Go read a book IN THE CORNER!
I haven't listened to every podcast, maybe 90% but when I first started listening to it, I frequently found myself astonished how knowledgable he was in a variety of subjects and how articulate he is.

Hardkore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:06 PM   #12
XociDe

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
It's 2014 and we're still doing 20 page written interviews? How about fuck you.

Terry Etim
Nick Diaz
Thiago Alves
Tyrone Spong
XociDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:11 PM   #13
VPofAtheism
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardkore View Post
The podcast is still evolving, comparing the first 200 to now is light and day. The production is way more professional and the podcast guests have been more diverse in variety of fields.
Exactly, it just gets better and better!

VPofAtheism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:19 PM   #14
Hardkore

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by XociDe View Post
It's 2014 and we're still doing 20 page written interviews? How about fuck you.
What's the big deal? A little reading never killed anyone, besides it's a good read IMO

Old 06-06-2014, 03:22 PM   #15
Hardkore

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPofAtheism View Post
Exactly, it just gets better and better!
Steven Rinella is my favorite guest. The Randall Carlson podcast was the best one ever, truly fascinating on the subject of climate change and ancient civilizations.

Old 06-06-2014, 03:27 PM   #16
MCarpo

Blue Belt

Thanks for the share, TS. The UFC is insanely lucky to have Joe Rogan, and as a lifelong viewer of pretty much all major televised sports, I'd say that knowledge-wise, he is among the very best color commentators in broadcast sports, period. I do think he's gone a little overboard with some of the yelling and stuff over the past few years (which unfortunately Kenny Florian has picked up as well), but he is super smart and is really good at explaining what's happening. He's elementary enough for new fans but detailed enough for veteran fans, so he brings something for everyone.

Some of the previous posts have questioned how much he knows about how many topics, but honestly he is honest and forthright about his views, and if he doesn't know, he'll say so. Even in this interview, he says "I'm too dumb to have an opinion" on one of the questions asked.

I have a ton of respect for Rogan and find him to be just as credible as anyone in MMA, if not all sports.

MCarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:29 PM   #17
IloveTHIS

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
Joe Rogan reminds me of myself, only way more successful.

Top Tier p4p Undisputed Posters: Augustus Caesar, Seoul
IloveTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:33 PM   #18
VPofAtheism
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardkore View Post
Steven Rinella is my favorite guest. The Randall Carlson podcast was the best one ever, truly fascinating on the subject of climate change and ancient civilizations.
Yeah Rinella is pretty funny in his own right. They have some good stories, I also liked the recent Maxwell one he did, a lot of great information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarpo View Post
Thanks for the share, TS. The UFC is insanely lucky to have Joe Rogan, and as a lifelong viewer of pretty much all major televised sports, I'd say that knowledge-wise, he is among the very best color commentators in broadcast sports, period. I do think he's gone a little overboard with some of the yelling and stuff over the past few years (which unfortunately Kenny Florian has picked up as well), but he is super smart and is really good at explaining what's happening. He's elementary enough for new fans but detailed enough for veteran fans, so he brings something for everyone.

Some of the previous posts have questioned how much he knows about how many topics, but honestly he is honest and forthright about his views, and if he doesn't know, he'll say so. Even in this interview, he says "I'm too dumb to have an opinion" on one of the questions asked.

I have a ton of respect for Rogan and find him to be just as credible as anyone in MMA, if not all sports.
Exactly, this right here!

VPofAtheism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:42 PM   #19
Hardkore

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarpo View Post

You're most welcome and great post 100% agreed.