Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-13-2014, 01:22 AM   #171
abracadordosaco
Banned

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That209 View Post
Once again, you have shown more evidence of your stupidity.

Personally, I find it rather annoying when some fans make ridiculous claims and state them as fact, then in the end it makes the entire fanbase of a fighter look very uneducated.

What makes you so sure that Nick would beat Georges in a rematch?

I see that Nick has all the skills to be the champion, but GSP is a very tough match-up for Nick. Nick's TDD is far better than people give him credit for, he started doing a very good job at defending GSP's TD's. I'm pretty sure Nick actually stuffed a higher percentage of TD's from GSP than almost everybody else he's faced.

Do you have anything to back your claim as to why you believe Nick would defeat Georges if they were to fight again? you seem very bitter in pretty much all of your posts. You haven't backed any of these claims, you've simply just stated them and try to push them as fact when in reality, it's a very bold prediction that pretty much everybody will disagree with.

I'd love for Nick to be champ, too, trust me I would love that - but GSP is a very bad match for Nick, stylistically. Nick matches up far better with Johny Hendricks than he does with GSP.

I must say - the whole thing where a bunch of fans act like Nick's weakness is wrestlers is just ridiculous. Nick has fared very well against every single wrestler he has faced. People also seem to forget just how good Nick was even back in his first UFC run.

He arguably beat Sherk (I thought he deserved the decision) and Sherk went on to win the LW title after against Kenny Florian. It showed that even back then that Nick can compete at a championship level. Tons of people like to say Nick isn't all that good, but he actually is one of the very best welterweights in the world and he's very capable of winning the title in his natural 170lb weight class.

So, please, explain/break down as to why you believe Nick would defeat GSP next time. You said you backed your claim by saying that, but really, you just made yourself look even more ridiculous by saying this.

I see that you're definitely a true fan of Nick because clearly you believe in his skills and ability to be the champ/beat the best in the world. It's nice to see that someone else is confident that a certain fighter can do these things, but maybe if you actually backed your claim up and say, broke down the first fight between Diaz/GSP and gave a made a few good points, maybe then more people will agree with you on the subject. But unfortunately, you have made yourself look very unintelligent and it looks to me that your just spewing garbage.

Maybe if you didn't come across as an elitist, people wouldn't shit on you as much.

You have shown that although you're a big Diaz fan, you're one of the delusional ones who make us all look bad as a fanbase.

Remember: Think before you post.

I look forward to your reply.

Again, as I did post this earlier in the thread:

Nick just got started a bit too late against GSP. Maybe it was the travel, maybe it was the shitty Cesar Gracie-run training camp, maybe it was something else. But Nick just didn't get into the fight until the third round.

Putting yourself 3-0 down against GSP is impossible to overcome for anyone. The guy plays the game better than anyone in the world. He knows how to get takedowns and stall until the bell sounds without ever taking any chances or doing anything for of significant damage.

Had Nick had the same first round as he did the third, he would have TKO'd Georges like I predicted he would. You're right in that Nick stuffed more of GSP's takedowns than anyone ever. I also mentioned this earlier in the thread.

GSP is a bad match-up for Nick anywhere, but in his hometown he just has an even greater advantage. With a rematch on neutral soil like Vegas, and with a proper training camp for Nick, there is no way GSP can beat Nick Diaz. There just isn't. Nick is a vastly superior fighter, and even with GSP's time management strategies, Nick would exhaust him with pressure and get a TKO in the fourth round.

And please, stop with the ad hominem attacks and ridiculous condescension. Attack my points instead of attacking my character. It shows a weak argument.

Besides, we're on the same team ffs ;)

abracadordosaco is offline   Reply With Quote